Two types of pain: please help me understand!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Two types of pain: please help me understand!

Postby ajl1239 » 24 Nov 2012, 17:44

Hi friends,
I have two types of pain in the anus. One type is what I think comes from spasms -- random really horrible bits of pain. Another type, though, seems to be a bit more like a stinging sensation in the anus -- more of a sharp pain. And, it always seems like shortly after this kind of pain appears and I take my first sitz bath, the act of sitting in the warm water triggers a small release of bright red blood into the sitz bath (no wiping involved). Any ideas at all in terms of what is causing the latter pain and bleeding in the warm water of the sitz?
Thanks as always!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Two types of pain: please help me understand!

Postby jr2 » 24 Nov 2012, 22:55

aj,
It isn't unusual to have different types of pain with fissures. The area is rich in nerves. The pain from the fissure itself can be described in much the same way as a cut, stinging, sharp, etc. Add in the pain from the muscle spasms coming from from the muscle itself, as well as the pain that the spasming muscle will cause as it pulls on the margins of the fissure, and there can be any number of different types of descriptions for the pain.
Hope that helps?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ajl1239 » 25 Nov 2012, 07:25

Yes, thank you! I just still don't understand why I'm having a bit of blood in the sitz bath itself...it doesn't seem like anybody else has that happen...??
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Postby richibeno » 25 Nov 2012, 09:55

hi ajl
a fissure can be an open wound in the anus
so if you sit in a sitz bath water will wash in the anus ,so if you have a little blood in the fissure it will wash out ,
i get many various pains in the area ,from stinging ,throbing ,burning ,and just feeling uncomfortable and gritty,
but its getting better ,just keep on top of your diet ,loads of water ,try a stool softner
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28