Stressed Out

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stressed Out

Postby suzyljank » 03 Dec 2012, 11:48

I had LIS 4 years ago and it only helped a little. Things are still very tight in the area. I need an advancement flap mostly because of scar tissue but haven't worked up the courage to do it. I watch what I eat and drink and take care of myself but I sometimes get this charlie horse feeling up the butt, maybe once a month sometimes longer in between but it brings me to my knees when it happens. It only lasts about 10-15 minutes, sometimes less. It happened last night. I had no pain having a bm or after (thank you to the makers of miralax) but I have so much going on in my life. This week I'm having bone graft surgery on my mouth, the first step to a dental implant. I'm very nervous about this. Then I found out a dear member of the family is gravely ill with cancer and the prognosis is less than three weeks and my husband had an accident at work and needs surgery on his arm. It's enough to make me cry but I try not to. I would like to get the oral surgery out of the way before I see the CRS again and start something new. I have a question, I have to take arnica montana for three days before and after the surgery, it's to help reduce bruising and swelling. I was reading about it on the web and it also comes in a gel and is used for rectal pain due to hemmies. Has anyone tried this for fissures and related problems. I was wondering if it might help. Sorry for venting but I just needed to get it out, thanks, Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Stressed Out

Postby NAKHTI » 03 Dec 2012, 21:00

Hello Suzy, this isn't exactly a reply to your question unfortunately... But I myself recently had an LIS back in September, and I just wanna know for the scar tissue thing! What is an advancement flap?? Image
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby suzyljank » 03 Dec 2012, 21:28

It's a skin graft. It's taken from the skin around your butt and used to cover the fissure , it's sutured over the fissure and into the anal canal to help enlarge the opening and make the tissue more stretchable and less likely to tear. Did your LIS work?
suzyljank

Postby NAKHTI » 03 Dec 2012, 22:59

Oh I see..... It is also too soon to really tell for myself though! But as of right now though, the results are mixed!! :-|
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby owmybum » 04 Dec 2012, 04:28

Hi Suzy,
Sorry to hear you are stressed.... And who can blame you with all that is going on with you and those you care about.
When I was stressed I found my butt issues got a whole lot worse. When you are tense and stressed every muscle seems to tense up....especially the ones in your bottom.!
Good luck with your surgery, please let us know how it goes
Take good care of yourself
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby suzyljank » 07 Dec 2012, 12:23

Wanted to let everyone know that I had my mouth surgery yesterday, have stitches across the whole top left of my upper jaw. I was so scared because I opted to stay awake, they did give me liquid versed and it made me really loopy and I mostly don't remember much else. I have no idea how my husband got me to the car but he said I walked. They sent me home with antibiotic and pain meds. I was so afraid all of this would constipate me the first thing I did when I could manage was drink a little extra miralax. Unfortunately I didn't really need to because I was up and down all night with diarrhea. I always thought sedatives slowed you down. This morning I'm quite sore but I won't take anything stronger than ibuprofen. I'm a little afraid of the effects of an antibiotic but someone here said to take probiotics, can someone tell me how long between taking one and the antibiotic. Just going to rest today and hope my bottom cooperates and my mouth doesn't throb so much. Thanks everone, Suzy
suzyljank

Postby owmybum » 07 Dec 2012, 13:31

You are very brave Suzy... Well done for getting through, what must have been very scary surgery.
I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope your rear end doesn't get agrivated !!
OMB xxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jr2 » 09 Dec 2012, 01:41

suzy,
i hope you feel better really soon!
3 hours or so between probiotic and antibiotic should be safe enough. very good idea to take them. I had C. difficile colitis from antibiotics, and couldn't get rid of it for over a year. It was pure hell. I don't know if probiotics would have prevented it, but I wish I would have known then to at least try them.
I also had a pretty major gum grafting surgery some years ago. I so feel for you and wish you a very speedy recovery!
jr2

Topics: 15