could I have some advice please?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

could I have some advice please?

Postby val » 15 Aug 2007, 05:17

Hi everyone
thanks for welcoming me aboard,it's so nice to be in a place where someone understands the pain and suffering!
I have a few questions, if that's ok?
If you have a skin tag, does that automatically mean it's chronic even if you've only had it 6 weeks?
If it is chronic, is it possible to heal it even though I can't put any kind of cream on because of allergies?
Sometimes the spasms respond to me walking them off, sometimes, if I walk about, the pain is so bad, that I end up crying on the floor. So what's better, exercise or rest? I'm only truly comfortable lying flat on the sofa, but to spend each day like that is ridiculous!
How much epson salts do you put in a bath? and is it ok to use the salts 4 times a day?
Thanks!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: could I have some advice please?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Aug 2007, 06:14

Are you asking if the skin tag means the fissure is chronic...I doubt that if that's the case.
I went through your very predicament, Val...not being able to decide if "walking off" the pain worked, or if being still was best. I still can't answer that. Fissures are enigmas...
My guess is that if you had 3-four weeks to lie around and do absolutely nothing, just chill out, then it might be beneficial. But in the real world, that can't happen. Exercise can often be irritating to he fissure.
I think adding the epsom salts to every bath would be OK...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007, 07:13

I don't think the presence of a skin tag means the AF is chronic. I had one and I wouldn't consider my AF to be chronic though at the time it sure felt like that.
For me resting was better. I know that it isn't always possible but I tried to stay off my butt as much as possible. I have a laptop that I set up on the bed and work from there.
I think the epsom salts would be fine to use as often as you would like. I don't know how much to put in. I kind of eye-balled it. There should be some directions on the bag. Make sure you let them dissolve. I got in too early once and those little pebbles hurt and made my skin look like I was caught in a hail storm.

Postby happyass » 15 Aug 2007, 08:17

for bi%%chy skin tags, i recommend vapor rub if you can tolerate it.
at first you won't feel anything, then something cool, and then well, it may feel really really good (which it does for me) or it may feel like a tingling burning sensation (which it may mean it got into the fissure).
again, i wasn't able to tell if you were asking about the skin tag or fissure val.
i hope you have a good wednesday.
and i would keep the light walking for exercise rather than give into the fissure pain. i know it's hard but you have to show fissure who is boss!
exercise is good. just not very strenuous or vigorous.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 16 Aug 2007, 02:42

A lot of the AF websites that I searched, it said that only chronic AFs had a skin tag, and that if they were chronic, they were much less likely to heal without surgery. That's why I was panicking especially as I can't use the nitro cream. I've just had an awful night with just half an hours sleep and in pain all night,still in pain this morning and feeling sorry for myself!!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007, 03:03

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time of it. Maybe you can ask your doctors about contacting a pharmacy to see if they can compound nifedipine or diltiazem for you. Both are pretty common blood pressures meds that they can make into a gel for use anally.

Postby val » 16 Aug 2007, 03:09

I think it's something in the cream base that I'm allergic to . The pharmacist said it could be lanolin, but I don't know if the benefits of using the nitro outweigh the discomfort of the allergy?
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007, 07:50

Why can't they maybe compound it in something different like petroleum and leave out the lanolin I wonder?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Aug 2007, 08:03

Yes, I think the base for the BP creams can be petroleum jelly... you could ask you pharmacist..
Sorry you've been having such a rough time! Hang in there!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 17 Aug 2007, 01:52

They dont actually know its lanolin we're all just guessing!My doctor told me the base for the nitre is petroleum jelly and was really nasty when I said it was screaming agony using it andthat it wasn't possible to be allergic.My derriere just doesn't seem to like any kind of cream on it!! I'm having so much aggro with this AF though that I'm actually thinking I might try the nitro again, because I only tried it once and was put off by the pain, but it's REALLY hurting anyway so I suppose it won't hurt.BTW I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but after being on the diet, and using the flax oil etc, how long is it before any improvement is seen?I had a couple of hours virtually pain free the otherday andthought that was progress, haha! and then 2 days from hell. Been 3 days of no blood though, but I wo.t speak too soon on that one or it will come back with a vengeance!
val
King Fissure