less pain, more bleeding

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

less pain, more bleeding

Postby trieditall » 04 Dec 2012, 05:46

Hello,
So I have had a chronic fissure for 18 months. Feel like I've done everything to fix it and sometimes it gets better (although never fully healed) and sometimes the things I do have no effect. My doc recommended a fissurectomy and botox. I can't miss work right now, so I am just having botox done (one week). I am just desperate for something else to try. Right now I thought I was once again on the road to recovery. I haven't been having pain during the day at work. I sit a lot at work and the past few weeks have been terrible. It just hurts all day long. But the past 5 days at work, no pain. Despite this, I'm bleeding more than ever when I go to the bathroom. Has anyone ever had that happen? What is going on?
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: less pain, more bleeding

Postby ring of fire » 31 Jan 2013, 18:40

I get that too. Sometimes the 2nd poop will cause bleeding and it ends the pain for the day. Not always, but fairly often. I am usually happy to see the blood! What a crazy life this is.
ring of fire
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby delasama » 31 Jan 2013, 18:46

i have the most pain this week and no blood at all!
a couple weeks ago i sat 3 hours at a movie that hurt. then a day later i had bloody poop with no pain. i dont get it either.more pain no blood. less pain more bloody poop
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 04 Feb 2013, 17:50

delasama wrote:i have the most pain this week and no blood at all!
a couple weeks ago i sat 3 hours at a movie that hurt. then a day later i had bloody poop with no pain. i dont get it either.more pain no blood. less pain more bloody poop

This is exactly my pattern. Another person mentioned his theory that this happens because blood is only present in the wound when the rectal muscle is more open. When the rectal muscle closes, it becomes more painful to poop and you don't get any blood supply down there.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 05 Feb 2013, 18:49

I too had the blood gushing for awhile, than out of no where it just stops, not sure what to make of it....than out of no where it comes again.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25