New to forum.. Had to share

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to forum.. Had to share

Postby Meg215 » 15 Dec 2012, 01:21

Hi there,
Wow was I amazed a few weeks ago when I found this forum! I am absolutely amazed at the amount of people who are also going through this nightmare! Same symptoms and everything!!
Well, onto my introduction. I have been living with a fissure for the last 4 months and have experienced a little bit of everything, from the feeling of passing shards of glass during a BM, to the feelings of frustration and helplessness at the doctors and their lack of usefulness. I have tried the nitro and am now on a cream of Dil--something something lol!! And can't get over how much the daily sitz baths and the ideas on this forum to start using mineral oil and adding more finer to my diet have helped me manage most of my pain and irritation!
I finally decided to post when I found out that aloe Vera is a god send to AF sufferers! I went out and bought a plant recently and have already noticed some extreme differences in the amount of healing and resuced inflammation that is occurring!! I also wanted to ask if anyone had had success with tying off a sentinel pile? I have a large one located right above my fissure and it is about the size of a quarter and I have noticed a lot of my pain comes from there. I heard one story of someone on this site using dental string to tie off a skin tag and it dropped off 3 days later with no issue. So, my question, how good of an idea is this really? And Is there more than one person who has tried this technique?
Meg215

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum.. Had to share

Postby marg6043 » 15 Dec 2012, 14:46

You have the skin tags and then you have what is call sentinel piles.
While some people believe they are the same, I went online and look at pictures of the two and they do not look the same to me.
Some skin tags have a thin base and I guess some people have success tying a string to that thin base and let it fall off.
But in my case I will end up in the emergency room if I even try to do that, my sentinel pile is also very large it comes out of the inner anus edge in one side to surround half of the opening ending on the outer edge for a long time I thought that it was an external hemorroid as it would get swollen and painful.
And yes, it hurt, if I manipulate the skin during a fissure flare up is very painful as my fissure starts at the base of the skin flap sometimes I feel that I have two fissures as I can see the one in one side of the flap but I know that it hurts on the other side where it ends but I can not see anything.
Now as for the nitro cream, I have my fissure since august when I was first diagnosted but I know that is been longer than that, the cream works slowly, avoid using OTC hemorroid creams as they are to help shrink the tissue and that is not helpful when the nitro and other creams job is to increase blood flow to the area, I made the mistake of using Hemorroid suppositories to help keep the area lube and I was not getting any better, now that I am using a vitamin E and coconut oil suppositories along with the nitro two times a day I am starting to see a big, big difference in pain and discomfort.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Amazing..

Postby Meg215 » 16 Dec 2012, 08:45

OMG guys if you have not tried aloe Vera yet. DO IT!!! I have had pain and irritation in my butt since September and after 3 DAYS now using this pure aloe Vera straight from the plant I had my first BM this morning with absolutely no pain!!! Can't even believe it, so god damn happy I even texted my boyfriend about it! I would recommend trying this remedy to anyone and everyone with an anal fissure.
Meg215

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 16 Dec 2012, 09:30

Meg215, thanks for the tip, I am doing so good with the vitamin E now that I am enjoin the blessed days of BM pain free, it took me almost three weeks to get to this point, but rest assure that when the flare up comes back I will be trying Aloe next. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 16 Dec 2012, 14:59

Hi meg... So glad you have found something that works for you!
Can I ask you what you do with the aloe plant?
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !