Do's and Don'ts recovery tips

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Do's and Don'ts recovery tips

Postby thefer74 » 24 Dec 2012, 22:36

Hi
I had surgery last Wednesday for fissure, fistula, and external/internal hemmorhoids. I have been on pain meds around the clock along with peri-colace. No constipation to speak of. Sometimes the opposite. Anyways, what are some tips or suggestions on recovering from this surgery. I am learning the hard way, trial and error. For example, yesterday I was craving for pizza. I went with it and had pizza. Well, I paid the price dearly today for it. Ouch.
What are some foods I should or should not eat?
What can I do to improve healing as I only have about 2 weeks left of winter break?
Is there any way to reduce the pain after BMs? I load up on pain meds, get a hot tub ready and hold on. I literally break out in a sweat and start shaking.
They laid open the fistula track. I am supposed to use cover it with gauze and tape? On top of that, I wear a pad. How long do I need to do this? When does the drainage typically stop? When does the incision close? What happens if it doesn't close?
Thanks again for any help.
Jennifer
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22