Can a skin tag leak fluid/white puss?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can a skin tag leak fluid/white puss?

Postby ajl1239 » 03 Jan 2013, 08:28

Hi,
I'm just trying to double check my CRS who claimed I had a fistula. Is it possible the external opening of the fistula might be a fissure skin tag? In other words, my question: can a skin tag fill up with white fluid on top and then leak it?
Thanks!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Can a skin tag leak fluid/white puss?

Postby marg6043 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:11

ajl1239, that sounds to me like an infection, I am not familiar with infected external piles as that is what sometimes external tags look like and feels like, I do have a very large sentinel pile and beside getting swollen and extremely painful to the touch when the fissure is re-tear I have never experienced a fistula or an infected pile.
Sorry to hear that you are having so much troubles, have you look with a mirror to see exactly from where the fluids are actually coming from? it could be from the fissure or fistula and not necessarily from the skin tag.
Unless the skin tag is painful and swollen.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby ajl1239 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:18

I suppose they are coming from the fistula, Marg. The area is constantly filling up with whitish/clearish fluid and then leaving almost a small puddle inside my cleft.
I'm also wondering if the area in the internal crack of the cleft before you reach the anal circle/hole area should feel more dense/hard as compared to very soft and squishy (i.e. side of cheeks).
Thanks -- back to CRS on Monday for follow-up visit following an MRI that said I had inflamation, but due to lack of contrast could not confirm a fistula.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:33

ajl1239, I have read the other post and threads on your flare up and fistula condition, I have to say that I know how hard is to have this problems coming back after things get better, but take it easy and don't let this thing get to you.
Until your appointment try to keep the area as clean as possible, do the sitz bath in warm water as that helps with the drainage.
Now as for the area getting and feeling different that the way is supposed to be it could be due to so much drain and the area been wet, the skin tend to get harder sometimes, but is temporarily as a self defense mechanism.
Take care and remember if something gets too much to deal with just walk into the emergency room.
I hope everything goes well and your appointment next Monday will ease your fears and bring peace of mind.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby ajl1239 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:34

Thank you so much -- you are such a kind and caring individual! I wish the same for you, too!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:41

Thanks ajl1239, I am having my own problems after a few weeks of blissful or almost blissful pain free bms, I retear a littler bit my fissure yesterday and I been with a bit of pain now, but nothing I could not deal with.
Is always better days ahead. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby ajl1239 » 04 Jan 2013, 09:58

Yes!
ajl1239
Salt Bather