My tips for healing the fissure

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

My tips for healing the fissure

Postby Nic1989 » 07 Jan 2013, 05:58

Hello everyone,
I've suffered from my anal fissure for almost two years now and, since I'm now finally recovering, wanted to share some thinks which worked like a miracle for me. I don't need to mention wholegrain-bread, drinking large quantities of water or tea and chewing very thoroughly, since most of you probably already now this.
So what finally helped me get rid of the pain, was a blend of two salves, a lot of "Sauerkraut" and figs, and a homeopathic medicine (though I only took this for a couple of days, so if you're not a friend of homeopathy - which helped me a lot, not only with my fissure -, just leave it out and see how it works.) I'm not sure whether it is possible to buy Sauerkraut in countries other than Germany, I can imagine it is way harder to get. However, when I started eating four forks of Sauerkraut before every meal and ate dried figs (Chewing is incredibly important!) inbetween, the consistency of my stool was extremly soft, which helped the fissure to heal up to a point where it could finally start recovering.
In addition, I found it incredibly helpful to "stretch" when applying the salves. I realize that this is painful at first but I think it is the only way the fissure doesn't rip open every time you visit the toilet. The salves I used were the "Calendula wound salve" from Weleda and a salve called "Hametum". Its main ingredient is Hamamelis, so I think any salve with Hamamelis as a main ingredient will do.
I just wanted to share this knowledge. Maybe it helps someone out there. I know how extremly painful fissures are, I've been dealing with them for a long time now and I was glad for every little piece of advice I could find. I've almost no pain anymore at this moment - Let us hope it stays that way! :)
Edit: The homeopathic medicine was called "Grafites C30". A befriended doctor of mine told me to take three globuli each day, but cease taking them as soon as I feel improvement, which was only two days after my first intake.
All the best to you!
Nic1989

Topics: 1

Re: My tips for healing the fissure

Postby Mamalucia » 11 Feb 2013, 08:14

Thanks for sharing! In the United States sauerkraut is sold at every grocery store ranging from small cans to big bags. :D not sure about other places around the world though
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jessjess » 11 Feb 2013, 21:10

Interesting...I love sauerkraut! I was looking for food that is a natural stool softener. I had surgery a week ago and I want to find more foods that are good for the bowels. Thanks for posting!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 11 Feb 2013, 21:59

How do you cook sauerkraut and what do you put on it to make it taste good?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Mamalucia » 12 Feb 2013, 14:09

I usually just heat it up on the stove or in the microwave and we put it on hotdogs or kielbasa
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 12 Feb 2013, 16:09

Good idea. Thankyou :D
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Zulay22 » 15 Feb 2013, 08:39

What is grafites c30?
Zulay22
Fibre Addict

Postby delasama » 15 Feb 2013, 15:24

what is ingredients of grafites c30?
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 15 Feb 2013, 15:39

I found it!
The homeopathic remedy graphites is prepared using powdered form of pure graphite, a mineral in the form of carbon, and is used to treat different and dissimilar ailments, especially skin conditions.
I think I would have better luck healing my fissure with Benadryl lol. I hope it works for people that take it though.
I would love to not take medicines.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 16:06

Two things you should know about homeopathic medicines:
First, the actual ingredient after which the remedy is named is diluted out of the final preparation. So it really doesn't matter what that ingredient is. For example, I'm crazy allergic to poison ivy, but the homeopathic that is made from poison ivy was safe for me to take because there isn't any poison ivy left in that little pill.
Secondly, homeopathic remedies are specific to the individual. That means that 5 people with AF will need 5 different remedies to address their fissures.
The good news is that they are cheap and completely harmless. You're not going to get side effects from the wrong medication. The bad news is that common cures are very unlikely to heal you. This is because its statistically unlikely that all of your signs line up with the common remedy prescribed. On the other hand, if you get a specific individual remedy, then the chances of it working are better. You can also get a few common remedies and try them. I suggest doing so one at a time because some remedies cancel each other out.
If you are really into trying homeopathics, I suggest seeing a qualified practitioner (you can call one if you don't live near anyone.) or at least getting a good homeopathy book out of the library and finding a few "cures" that will work with you and all of your "signs and symptoms."
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist