AGA Guidelines for Anal Fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: AGA Guidelines for Anal Fissures

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 10 Jan 2013, 18:25

There are lots of people on here who have had LIS and skin tag removal. You may want to search for their stories. In my case, I had superficial fistula repair AND LIS, which required several stitches. I was amazed at how little pain there was after surgery. My recovery was in line with what my CRS told me to expect. Have you asked your CRS what you should expect pain-wise?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby marg6043 » 10 Jan 2013, 18:51

Yes I have read some post on the skin tag removal after fissure repair, I definitely will not do the fissure repair without the skin tag removal.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby PIA » 02 Feb 2013, 00:20

Hi Marg, been thinking of you, how are you going?
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby marg6043 » 03 Feb 2013, 09:30

PIA wrote:Hi Marg, been thinking of you, how are you going?

Thanks for asking, Pia, I am almost one year since my pain from anal fissure and 7 months since officially diagnosed, the skin tag has been there for years.
I have learn to manage the fissure no longer I experience the excruciating pain and can live as normal as I can, if you take into consideration the special attention whenever I go out for a ride, make sure I carry with me all the needed "toilet" needs I can pack in a bag. :D
But I manage, this month I have an appointment with my colorectal doctor and I am going to have a serious talk with him about my options and what if. I have come to the realization that my condition will never go away by its own and that everything have to do with the big skin tag I have.
Then I will make my decision, he is a very experienced doctor with outstanding credentials, (I have a very good friend that work in his office for years).
So if I take the road to surgery you bet I will be here posting everything step by step.
I hope you doing well Pia.
marg.
marg6043
King Fissure