So incredibly tired of this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

So incredibly tired of this!

Postby sotiredofthis » 12 Jan 2013, 16:09

Introducing myself here. I've been lurking since I found this forum and had my first experience with a fissure in September. I healed after about 6 weeks and life was wonderful again and then re-tore in December and am in misery again. I am seeing my CRS on Monday to see what is going on.
How do you all cope with this? It's so hard to just carry on with my everyday life. It feels so all-consuming. Nobody should ever have to have this awful, awful thing!
Wondering if anyone on here also has IBS? I did a search and didn't see anything. I am absolutely terrified of having surgery and risking the incontinence especially with my IBS. I was doing so well with that problem, taking Benefiber and probiotics daily. I have no idea what happened. I was terribly constipated for 3 days (which isn't my normal problem - I have diarrhea usually) and then finally had a bm and got the fissure. Life has been miserable since then except the month of November when I had no pain.
Thanks for listening to my whine.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: So incredibly tired of this!

Postby Barneymcgruber » 13 Jan 2013, 15:03

Hi I'm new to the forum too, I have had a fissure for nearly 8 months. After having all the creams, high fibre diet, two Botox injections, I finally had the advancement flap on Thursday. I had no pain up until today when I had my first BM but the pain was bearable, not as bad as I thought it would be.
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict

Postby Barneymcgruber » 13 Jan 2013, 15:05

Been living on smoothies and laxido since Thursday. Feel very positive about this working providing I take it easy for the next week or so.
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict

Postby Barneymcgruber » 13 Jan 2013, 15:07

P.s I also have IBS, had it for about ten years now.
Barneymcgruber
Fibre Addict

Postby ryrylou » 13 Jan 2013, 16:31

I have IBS too, and my CRS said it is probably why I had my fissure. I routinely have issues staying regular, going from constipation to diarrhea. Both can cause a fissure, so after getting the LIS surgery and my fissure has healed. My goal now is to do my best to keep my colon producing smooth BM's once a day. I used to do Metamucil, but it bulked things up too much. Citrucel is a soluble fiber which seems to help greatly. I also try to get as much fiber rich foods in through the day as well as less processed foods.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby sotiredofthis » 15 Jan 2013, 09:43

Thanks for all the replies.
ryrylou,
I think I'm beginning to alternate between constipation and diarrhea as well. I think that's how I got the fissure. I take benefiber everyday.
Having IBS and having the surgery, have you had any incontinence issues? That is my biggest fear!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby ryrylou » 15 Jan 2013, 10:00

I had some very minor gas incontinence issues the few days after surgery, but I have had zero problems holding things in since the surgery. I do have some minor leakage issues right after a BM, but I had that before the surgery because of the sentinel tag. I still don't regret the surgery in the slightest. I was simply exhausted from almost 9 months of pain and being completely obsessed with my bowels. The key is to understand your IBS as best as possible. Everyone has different triggers. Mine are certain types of foods and stress. Now, I avoid those foods and try to minimize stress by working out daily. I still have IBS issues from time to time, but i can usually attribute it to something I did.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7