Adding fiber has been a god send, but how can I reduce burn?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Adding fiber has been a god send, but how can I reduce burn?

Postby hanginginthere » 04 Feb 2013, 16:17

Hello, adding fiber has been great, no issues with BM's. However, after BM my fissure burns.. anything I can do lesson that? Is there a product, or is it something I'm eating. I've cut out spciy foods. Anything I can do until hopefully this heals.
hanginginthere

Topics: 1

Re: Adding fiber has been a god send, but how can I reduce burn?

Postby Jessjess » 04 Feb 2013, 16:54

Hello and Image Sorry to hear you are having trouble! I have the same dilemma. The last time I took Miralax, my fissure burned like hell! I though I was going to pass out even sitting in the tub. Image
I actually just had a fissurectomy (tag removal) and LIS today after 10 days of excruciating pain where over the weekend I had to lay on my belly or walk around slowly or sit in the bathtub. And this is after taking painkillers on top of Aleve or Motrin. It was living HELL! Thank God for this forum! Image
Right now I have no pain 6 hours post op. It's a miracle! Image
So anyway, I would also like to know why the fiber products burn so much and if it will burn post op as well. Thanks for bringing up the topic!
One thing that I know helped me was Rectiv (prescription). If your fissure is not chronic, then Rectiv will stop the internal muscle from being in constant spasm which promotes healing. If it is chronic and you've had repeated episodes I suggest you see a CRS so that you are an established patient just in case you need surgery. My wait time for my surgery would have been less if I'd had a doctor already.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby hanginginthere » 08 Feb 2013, 12:50

Jess, just wonering how you are doing? Adding fiber has complelty resolved the issue for me. Having some slight itching now which i take as a good sign. But burn has gone away. Feeling great.. hoping that adding fiber is the solution for me.
hanginginthere

Topics: 1

Postby Jessjess » 09 Feb 2013, 09:11

Hello there! :D So glad you are doing better! Image
I am recovering well. Surgery went very well and I was in no pain for most of the day on Monday. The day after surgery, Tuesday, was rough even with the Percoset that was prescribed, but I got through it. Each day after has been slow but SURE progress. I am still taking painkillers but only half as much as the first 3 post-op days. It takes 10-14 days to get back your feet, and then another 2-4 weeks to completely heal. I plan to return to work on 2/18.
I haven't had any incontinence and it is much easier to go to the bathroom as well as pass gas. I never in my wildest dreams or nightmares thought that I would have surgery on my butt! I had no idea that I was a tight ass! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5