I think my fissure is healing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think my fissure is healing

Postby marg6043 » 06 Feb 2013, 19:01

Well finally I went to see my colorectal doctor today, the last time I saw him was in Nov, when he manipulated my fissure and I spend one week recuperating with pain and discomfort, I felt like the fissure was reopened again.
Today he inspected the area and while it was uncomfortable, it was not painful and the discomfort was gone by the time I left the place, he said that it does look better, but because is been so long already that I have it, the healing is very slow.
Again he told me that he could have it fix in no time with a littler nip on the muscle and a scraping of the fissure.
But in case I want to give it more time he offered to wait 4 more months and see what happen, in case I change my mind he was only one call away from surgery.
I got a new cream call proctozone HC, but because I have read that hydrocortisone is thins the tissue out I am going to use it sparingly and to be honest I don't think I need it any way.
Now something that bothers me is that he said that he will not remove the skin tag as is only lose skin and should be left alone, I was kind of surprise about that, but he knows better I guess.
Well this is what happen today and I will keep waiting and see. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: I think my fissure is healing

Postby owmybum » 07 Feb 2013, 03:39

That's really good news Marg.. And I think it makes sense to wait a bit seeing your doing so well on your own.
I had skin tags removed.. And that is what contributed to me gaining a fissure. I would say... If it doesn't hurt or bother you leave well alone!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby marg6043 » 07 Feb 2013, 07:44

owmybum, thanks for posting, I have to say that is more of an aesthetic thing or visual thing that gets me whenever I look down there and that ugly skin is the first thing I see.
But it has been with me most of my adult life, while is doesn't get swollen anymore is still tender to the touch on one side the side that the fissure is located.
I think that I will give it a few more months as so far I am able to control the fissure and was expecting to leave the doc offices in terrible pain but to my surprise it was not.
So I guess without the nitro and with all the tender care It most be healing, hopefully.
My routine,
keep the stools soft also two spoofuls of coconut oil before bed, and one carlson suppository after BM. The diarrhea that has been my problem from the begining I keep it under control.
I eat very healthy and as organic as I can, (still enjoy my chocolate).
Drink coffee as I am addicted since "birth" to it.
Reduce stress that I think have a lot to do with the fissure or any other health problems, (even my blood pressure has been perfect and I have been on blood pressure pills since I was in my 30s but with lots of side effects and no control as my blood pressure is due to what doctors call "emotional" because I am as healthy as I can be.)
Exercises is a very important part of my life, zumba and weight lifting the later just for toning.
And a lot of care before a BM and after a BM, like another member wrote on a post, keeping the area clean goes a long way when it comes to irritation and discomfort all day long.
Still I am very aware of set back and I am ready for it.
:D
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Reni » 07 Feb 2013, 18:54

Hi Marg,
I'm glad that you are healing! I remember you said that nitro cream helped you to get rid of the feeling I have (want to push feeling). How long did you use it until there is no more nasty sensation?
So, are you doing Zumba with the fissure?
How long have you been struggling with the fissure?
I am still confused should I wait or go ahead with LIS.
I don't have that much pain as most of people have been describing here. There is lots of discomfort after bm it would last forever including that ''want to push" feeling.
when I read your post today here I kind of started thinking maybe I should give it a some time and see ...
any advise/opinion would appreciated
thanks
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Reni » 07 Feb 2013, 18:54

also, where do I get the coconut oil?
btw, don't worry about skin tags as long as they don't hurt you
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 07 Feb 2013, 22:01

Yes, the fissure is definitely healing, very slowly but healing, meaning that no longer I experience the debilitating pain of an after BM and the muscle spams that lasted for hours.
I had my fissure officially diagnosed by a doctor after inspection 7 months ago, but to me I know that is been and on and off ailment that I credited hems for it, until my colorectal doctor after a colonoscopy last year told that it was not hems.
Now, the cream actually was not fast acting, in the beginning I believe it was not working at all, but I kept on using it until last nov. and on and off in Dec 2012 because side effects.
The feeling of having to push all the time lasted for about two months in which the cream started to help ease and eventually subsided, I would wake up in pain at night with that feeling of pushing.
I used to relax the anal muscle like letting go and it also help, that is how I learn to relax without doing the vaginal exercises that we girls become so used to after giving birth strengthening purposes.
I had to sto the cream because of side effects, but I keep it handy just in case.
My last painful experience with the fissure was in my last appointment in nov, when my doctor manipulated the fissure for inspection and I felt the re-tear pain come back fresh again driving home after the appointment was agony.
But this time I was fine and the discomfort was minimal.
The coconut oil you can get it in any good grocery store that offers organic products. I melt the coconut oil and take two spoonfuls warm as it taste better like that before bed.
Reni if you are in soo much discomfort that you can not keep on with your everyday routine then by any means LIS will help, I, still with pain in my bum and suffering did my exercises and dance to Zumba, but controlling the intensity, I tell you it was no easy but I am one of those that will die fighting, and pain killers help a lot specially ibuprofin when things gets very bad.
The main thing that I have to do everyday is before a BM lubricate and after BM lubricate stools can be very irritating to a fissure if the area is not truly clean, I even take a Q tip with some vaseline and gently wipe the area to make sure I don't miss anything, that is the key.
I know the fissure is still there but now I have control over it, that empowers me mentally.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby PIA » 07 Feb 2013, 23:12

Hi Marg, It is so good to hear you are healing even if it is slowly. I relate so much to all the things you have said. I am now 8 weeks since I am sore I tore this new fissure and think I am feeling some improvement. i can manage my day around the painful times. I had a bout of food poisoning last night which caused my intestines to empty out in an hours worth of expulsive BMs. To my suprise there seems to be no drastic damage. I put vaseline round my butt and just jumped from the loo to a hot bath. A month ago i know I would have been in agony.
i think of you often and send all good thoughts your way. Thank you XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby janucheekoo » 08 Feb 2013, 02:07

hi PIA
try to find what causes you fissure. try to adress the root causes of it.
janucheekoo
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 08 Feb 2013, 07:47

Pia, I know what it is to have that fissure re open again, I tell you as I analyze my journey during this times dealing with this affliction, I get to compare how the tear happen the pain level and you will notice that actually it goes from the worst pain in your life to a pain of "yes I re open the fissure" but Is not so bad.
I use to see blood in my toilet paper often just a littler pink that has been totally gone for the last month, so that is a good sign too.
Blood means that it has opened dipper, trust me I check every single day for that littler bit of pink.
Like I say this thing is not gone by any means, but I can live with it, that is why the doctor understand my feelings and is giving me time, also having and understanding doctor helps a lot, he is so reassuring that is not something worst than a fissure and that I don't have to suffer with pain, he also make surgery sound so easy, but he is not pushing it, I actually I love him. :D
Pia, I have a high tolerance to pain and I am a fighter nothing will let me down for too long, I always get up and push myself to the max depending on my body willingness to fight.
But I know is people that are not so lucky and a pain like a fissure can take a toll on the mental and physical health of many, that is why I always feel that is good that surgery is still there as an option.
You know that my fissures are due to Diarrhea I suffered from it since my gallbladder removal in 2011, I have episodes almost every other day and sometimes for days, even with the medication I take, constipation has never been a problem with me.
Try to keep your mind positive even when you feel down, alway find something to do and things will get better Pia slowly but surely.
And remember we can always have surgery if we chose too.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Jessjess » 08 Feb 2013, 08:04

Marg- so glad you are doing better and your fissue is treatable! Image And it's great that you have a good doctor who is aware of your situation just in case you need the surgery.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5