LIS Surgery for Anal Fissure/Hemorrhoids

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

LIS Surgery for Anal Fissure/Hemorrhoids

Postby Klainn » 13 Feb 2013, 13:56

Hello,
My doctor suggested the LIS surgery for my anal fissure some months ago. I have been hesitant to have the surgery as I'm not sure the fissure is really the problem anymore. I have had no pain during a bowel movement nor any bleeding for a few months now, but I do have pain after every bowel movement and sometimes a purple, swollen vein (which I assume to be a hemorrhoid). I have a general feeling of tightness inside my anus after a bowel movement ranging from uncomfortable to painful. It just feels really tight, almost bruised. I don't know if that's the muscle from the fissure or a hemorrhoid. Sometimes I feel the spasm that I've heard mentioned with fissures but I no longer have the pain during a movement and have not seen blood for a while. I just really don't want to go through and LIS if that might not help.
Does this sound like something any of you that have had hemorrhoids/anal fissures and the LIS surgery recognize? Does anyone have an opinion on if the LIS surgery might just be the best option?
I appreciate any feedback and experience anyone has.
Klainn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: LIS Surgery for Anal Fissure/Hemorrhoids

Postby Savaici » 20 Feb 2013, 20:08

Hello Klainn,
Welcome to the forum. There is so much information here and hope that you have done a search to see the opinion of others on the questions you have asked.
People tend to move on once they have had successful surgery, but many leave behind a wealth of information.
Glad to hear that you are not in too much pain!
All the best,
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222