AF and Bleeding..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF and Bleeding..

Postby LivelyLucy » 14 Feb 2013, 04:57

Hey guys,im new here and was wondering if someone could help me out.. Ill tell you my story first..
About a year ago i started getting really constipated and that never worried me until i had a BM,And my god it was like pain id never known before,It carried on until i spoke to my GP,Who did a examination and said i had a AF, She prescribed a laxative and cream and told me to take them until it healed. So i followed advice,and the pain slowly faded and since BMs were normal for me,Probably because of my Slimming world diet that insited on a lot of healthy roughage,Veg and fruit and scrutinzied fatty foods and anything pumped with caffiene.
I recently finished with it,and the next 2 months i just gave up, (Note: I NEVER eat fast food except Subway)
And now i had one very very painful BM.i mean my god. It was pain beyond pain, And i checked,and there was red everywhere.
Since then i contacted my doctor again and asked for more cream (The laxatives were only used when needed) and didnt bleed the next time,But i had a BM Earlier that contained blood but not on the quantity the 2 days before.
I also know its not menstration mine are right as clockwork at the same time each month,and that was last week..
So please help me out with some tips,being scared like this isnt normal at all! So tips would be welcomed!
Also if others could share experience that would be lovely too :)
-Lucy Image
LivelyLucy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: AF and Bleeding..

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 06:42

Hi Lucy,
so sorry to hear you are having problems.Is there a lot of blood, or is it just on the tissue? i have bleeding on the tissue with AF. you may have to see your doctor if there is a lot of blood, just to be sure there is nothing else going on.You may have hemorrhoids, which can be caused by straining or constipation.
I have 2 AF'S Image and i am at the stage where i didn't heal with the creme, and i am booked in to have Botox in April. a long time to wait when in pain. Image Let me know how you get on.
Rxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby LivelyLucy » 14 Feb 2013, 08:00

Hey Rachel, It was like looking at heavy period but wasnt everywhere" more like a lot on the paper..
Im attempting laxtives and cream tonight but even hours after its still painful.. Even if i pass gas..
LivelyLucy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 10:26

Okay, tell the doc anyway, I have heard of a lot of Fissures bleeding quite bad. Mine has only ever been a small amount. I would also see if anyone else on here has the same problem with more blood. Type in the search area, and you may find other experiences. Which stool softener are you taking? I have found macrogol helpful as it draws water to the bowel and softens the stool. Also doing breathing grounding (advised by my Reiki practitioner) whilst going helpful. Breathe in taking from left foot and push out from right foot. This does help me. AF's are such a challenge.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby jrb » 19 Feb 2013, 15:32

hi lucy-i had lots of blood w/ my AF. the toilet water would be totally red after each bm. I mentioned this to the CS when I went and was diagnosed w/ my 2nd fissure, and she didn't seem to think it was abnormal w/ AF.
i completely changed my diet and immediately the blood was (however i still have spasms after). Now I might just see a little blood on the tp if i had to strain at all for a bm. good luck to you! my diet change was cutting out nuts, dairy, sweets :( and i don't eat meat.
jrb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6