What does your poop look like on a good AF day?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What does your poop look like on a good AF day?

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 15:00

Come'on. You know you'all look. Image
My stools are soft like soft-serve ice-cream and have a small amount of undigested food. I've thought that this was ideal for helping my fissure, but I'm curious to hear what other's think.
When you have a good day (or have healed from a fissure) what does your poop look like? How do you interpret your doctor's order to keep your stools soft? What does that actually look like?
Last edited by coconut on 16 Feb 2013, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: What does your poop look like on a good AF day?

Postby CrackinUp » 16 Feb 2013, 16:16

Pardon my French but I think that's a load of cr*p Image
May I ask, is there an intermediate stool type within your extremes? I could be wrong, but a pooper will either float or sink, both of which you consider to be bad.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 16:46

It is a load of cr*p. Ha!
If you're going to respond, don't hijack the tread. Answer the question! What does your poop look like on a good day as opposed to a day when you have a bad AF day. Inquiring minds want to know.
Last edited by coconut on 16 Feb 2013, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 16 Feb 2013, 17:01

Yeah, I'm starting to look at it.....its becoming an obsession almost. I mean how can you not (smile).....this thing floating in the toilet is the reason your life is a living hell. You give it a look of respect and disdain....its sickening almost the respect I give my poop these days....but honestly, I don't have time or the energy to analyze it....I mean I'm already insane over this, analyzing it would drive me crazier.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 17:24

So... what does it look like on a good day?
I promise I won't analyze it from afar. (I couldn't if I wanted to, but I promise not to even try.)
Suddenly, people on this board are shy? Maybe I should erase this thread and start again without the TCM stuff. I really just wanna know what how you interpret "soft." That can mean a lot of different things to different people, yes?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 17:27

OK. Edited to omit all the weird stuff getting in the way. Sorry to bring up a butt load of unfamiliar stuff.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:09

everyone is probably different, but on the Bristol stool scale 5 or 6 works for me, but others might think that is too runny and might aim for 4. But for me, a 4 can be ok, but it can also be too formed and too much for my fissures to pass without screaming.
Here's the link to the Bristol stool scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 18:50

jr2 wrote:everyone is probably different, but on the Bristol stool scale 5 or 6 works for me, but others might think that is too runny and might aim for 4. But for me, a 4 can be ok, but it can also be too formed and too much for my fissures to pass without screaming.
Here's the link to the Bristol stool scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale

Check it out!!! That's awesome. There's an actual scale. Leave it to western medicine to make a scale.
I think I'm a 4, which is, as you pointed out, perfect, but maybe too hard for some people with AF. Its a little different because mine is not smooth but full of roughage from the insoluble fiber I eat, but its soft and definitely not a 3. I wonder what conventional medicine makes of having bits of unprocessed food left in your stool.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 16 Feb 2013, 22:17

Well I have to admit that I have to look after every BM to make sure is not blood in the toilet meaning a painless reopening to take the necessary measures after that.
Yes I have no problem with hard stools mine are always soft or watery if I do not take care, this means that fissures have not preferences they hit no matter if you have hard stools or bouts of diarrhea. :D like in my case, so the scale doesn't work for me. :roll:
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Luka » 17 Feb 2013, 00:18

I'm usually a 5 or 6 on the stool chart. Sometimes a 3 or 4, but not usually. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits, as well as whole grains, and rarely have issues with constipation, unless I'm traveling somewhere and staying in a hotel (any break from my normal routine screws my digestive system up). In my case, constipation wasn't the cause of my fissure (although it may have been indirectly, since I have "shy bowel" and can't poop in public restrooms or when other people are nearby). It may have been loose stools and/or stress. I honestly have no idea how it happened. I've had constipation (on rare occasions) in the past few years, but never had a problem or developed a fissure because of it. So I guess my case is strange compared to most other people on here.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion