Could heat applications done this?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Could heat applications done this?

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 17:25

I plan on discussing this with my doctor, but I'm curious.....after each bm every morning, I would sit on the toilet and place a clean wash cloth soaked in steaming hot water over my anal area to not only clean it but to reduce spasmatic pain for my work day. I've done this for days on end for about 2 weeks...my version of the sitz bath. As stated in other postings, low and behold this large pink skin mass appears....I'm wondering did I bring this on with the heat applied? I plan on bringing this up with my doctor, but until then, I'm just curious about this?????? Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Could heat applications done this?

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 21:21

I don't think so GGky1959, I take sitz bath after every BM with water very warm and if it was that hot you will probably blister down there.
Still be careful you don't want to burn yourself, warm water is good enough, or just sit in the bathtub with some water it does the same.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:37

marg6043 wrote:I don't think so GGky1959, I take sitz bath after every BM with water very warm and if it was that hot you will probably blister down there.
Still be careful you don't want to burn yourself, warm water is good enough, or just sit in the bathtub with some water it does the same.

Again I'm just trying to find reasons behind this sudden mass of pink skin growing on my buttocks......but you're right, besides, I can't give up the sitz baths, it brings to much relief and pleasure. Thanks for responding.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:23

GGky1959 I know you are worry about the mass, I was worry about everything down there before I got the proper diagnostic, but don't worry to much worry can bring stress in your life that is already full of pain from your condition and that doesn't help with healing.
Things will be ok.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 16:29

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 I know you are worry about the mass, I was worry about everything down there before I got the proper diagnostic, but don't worry to much worry can bring stress in your life that is already full of pain from your condition and that doesn't help with healing.
Things will be ok.

OMG if you only knew me......my middle name is worry. I'm so bad at worrying.....last Xmas, which seems like a zillion years ago, my family and I had the biggest argument over mom, stressing her kids over constant worry...keep in mind, my kids are all grown and in their 20's and 30's and I worry about them as if they were 5 years old...all professional, all working, and I stress these poor souls over everything...have you had your flu shot, text me when you get in at night, how's this going, etc.....so this Xmas the kids and my hubby had a 2013 intervention...leave us alone talk with me....it was severe and painful but I got it....NOT!! (smile).....but that's my nature.....ironically, because of this fissure, I've pretty much left everyone alone and no one knows why (smile)...so maybe just maybe, this is a god send for the kids and my hubby at least....
But your right...I need information and until I get it, I should just calm down and relax...but its so hard...and thanks!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 19:10

GGky1959, funny that is how I am too, my children are also in their 20s and just took my 26 year old son to the dentist because he would not go by himself so I have to forced him after cracking a molar this weekend. Image
I do that to my daughter that is 29 and a professional.
I am bad, so the worry is one of the worst things that we can do for your condition my blood pressure problems is due to emotions not health concerns or conditions.
Fissures and hems also develop when we are stressed.
So hey that is the way we are. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:42

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959, funny that is how I am too, my children are also in their 20s and just took my 26 year old son to the dentist because he would not go by himself so I have to forced him after cracking a molar this weekend. Image
I do that to my daughter that is 29 and a professional.
I am bad, so the worry is one of the worst things that we can do for your condition my blood pressure problems is due to emotions not health concerns or conditions.
Fissures and hems also develop when we are stressed.
So hey that is the way we are. :D

I'm having yet another bad morning.....can't stop crying from the pain. I'm turning into prune from so many sitz baths.....I can't wait to see a damned doctor...I am having the worst luck with this doctor thing, the worst
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 12:09

GGky1959 I am sorry to hear that you are having so much troubles, I know about the too many stiz bath, too much humidity in the area can also trigger fungus grow.
Just hang in there until you see the doctor and then by all means do whatever you need to do to take care of the problem, be surgery or other ways.
Like you I wanted surgery so bad that I could tasted but things go better and here I am now just waiting and see.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 12:17

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 I am sorry to hear that you are having so much troubles, I know about the too many stiz bath, too much humidity in the area can also trigger fungus grow.
Just hang in there until you see the doctor and then by all means do whatever you need to do to take care of the problem, be surgery or other ways.
Like you I wanted surgery so bad that I could tasted but things go better and here I am now just waiting and see.

I just need to see a doctor. I switched doctors in the same office and apparently its an issue. My previous PC had no problems letting me go, its just the new doctor who's first day back is today is hedging a bit, I guess. I made this request last week and why its taking so long for this guy to say yes or no, I don't understand. I do however have a CRS appt. next thursday, but I really need some pain guidence at this point, just a sit down consultation and what pain meds I should be taking....I know this Aleve is doing damage to me somehow, but its the only thing working at this point. I'm also on high blood meds and fiber pills. I just need to talk to a doctor, someone to guide me. But typical me, its never an easy journey on anything I pursue, always always been that way.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 12:34

GGky1959 I also have high blood pressure, but the only thing that took away my pain when the fissure was at its worst and also the hem pain, is and always been Ibuprofen, also I had bursitis from doing to much zumba, I got naproxen and that was the best of the best.
perhaps in your appointment you could ask for something more stronger.
I can not take aleve as it irritates my stomach.
marg6043
King Fissure