Worst day ever -- not sure how much more i can take

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Worst day ever -- not sure how much more i can take

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 12:52

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 the spams should ease faster than the healing will start.
I used to take a Q-tip and put the medication on the tip of it and gently dab on the anal opening, when the spams were more controlled then I will insert a littler bit more into the opening where the fissure was hurting.
I did this three times a day even when my doctor told me only two.
The numbing side of the cream should help with the hems too, the hems flare up could be a side effect of the irritated fissure, also fissures could be a side effects of the inflamed hems as they fold into each other causing creases.

I just got the tube, now its time to use it.....I'm going to take a long hot shower, dry myself completely and then use this cream around the my fissure. I sure hope it works...anymore instructions I should know about? I feel like I'm readying to make a damned moon landing (smile)
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby delasama » 20 Feb 2013, 13:06

i hope that stuff works for you!!
i see crs in two weeks and i hope he gives me something like that..
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 13:34

coconut wrote:
GGky1959 wrote:So the relief that I'm anticipating is gonna take awhile? Question: How do you apply this? I have major hemmorroids that starting get fresh again, I just examined myself and they're starting to turn pink on me again, when a week or so ago, they were dried up and dark. I haven't been straining or anything. So where do you place this stuff?

Put it on the outside of your sphincter at first. After a day or two, you will notice that your sphincter is a little looser and you can put it inside. This is better because the medicine will be closer to the muscle it needs to relax.
I wouldn't use a q-tip on myself. I use a finger, always covered by a glove or a finger cot so that the medicine doesn't sink into my finger. Fingers allow us much more sensitivity in the application. You run less risk of using too much force and hurting something. I also find the cotton to be ruff on my sensitive rectal area and I don't like wasting the cream that gets soaked into the cotton. Rubber or vinyl gloves are cheap and easy to find at the pharmacy.
The medicine shouldn't be used on the fissure, although its fine that some wind up there. You really want it on the muscle that holds the anal canal shut. (AKA, the sphincter.) It works by relaxing that sphincter and giving the fissure some relief so that it can heal on its own. The only thing I've seen that is put directly on the fissure on purpose to help it heal is wound honey. I use that but I'm not entirely sure if its working.
Don't expect any numbing from the rectiv. It doesn't contain lanicaine. It sounds like marge, above is using a different cream than what you have.
Rectiv is a vasodilator. That means that your hemms are going to get all pink again when you put it down there because they are being filled with fresh blood again. I imagine that the doctor you saw was more concerned that the fissure get healed. That all sounds very normal. If you stop straining when you poop, the hemms are likely to be relieved, too, so it makes sense to get the sphincter to open up and stop spasming before getting the hemms to shrink.

And the sphincter muscles are the surrounding tissue outside the anus? Correct? So I put about a half an inch outside the anus after its completely clean and dry? As for the pink, I'm there. And to be honest with you my doctor gave me nothing, it was I that called and asked for this cream....as stated before, I was told to eat fiber drink water...good bye. That's why I'm so greatful for this site.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 13:54

GGky1959 wrote:And the sphincter muscles are the surrounding tissue outside the anus? Correct? So I put about a half an inch outside the anus after its completely clean and dry? As for the pink, I'm there. And to be honest with you my doctor gave me nothing, it was I that called and asked for this cream....as stated before, I was told to eat fiber drink water...good bye. That's why I'm so greatful for this site.

Correct, under the skin, surrounding the anus or "butthole."
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 14:25

GGky1959 Got for it girl and I hope your painful days will be short.
I did have a different cream it was a compound like a paste, no in tube and did have both the vasodilator and a numbing cream.
I was under the impression that all this creams had a numbing agent on them, I guess they are not equal.
I could not stick a finger in the area when the fissure was very fresh and painful so a Q-tip worked for me, but for some other ways are better.
Hope again you feel better soon. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 14:35

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 Got for it girl and I hope your painful days will be short.
I did have a different cream it was a compound like a paste, no in tube and did have both the vasodilator and a numbing cream.
I was under the impression that all this creams had a numbing agent on them, I guess they are not equal.
I could not stick a finger in the area when the fissure was very fresh and painful so a Q-tip worked for me, but for some other ways are better.
Hope again you feel better soon. Image

Oh, I plan on it (smile), wish me luck!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist