Women and squatting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Women and squatting

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 08:10

I finally managed to figure out squatting over the toilet and its made a HUGE difference. My BMs are painless now, and the spasms are decreasing just a little bit every day. I wanted to start this thread so that we could talk about squatting and how its different for women.
Women have larger hips then men. Our pelvic area is also shaped differently, to allow for the passage of a baby. In general, women are going to take a wider squat then men. To squat properly, most women need to spread their legs further than hip distance apart, especially if you are somewhat stiff in the hips or ankles.
All the descriptions/youtube videos of squatting showed men putting a crate box or similar in front of the toilet. This doesn't work for me. I can't be in that position and hold up my weight at all. It does nothing to facilitate smooth BMs.
I took two FULL gallon paint containers and placed them next to the toilet. (If my toilet was a face, they would have been placed where a little girl would have pig tails.) The heavy paint containers mean that they won't slip out from under me. It took a few "dry runs" before finding the right location to fit my needs.
Now, we I feel the urge to go, I take my pants all the way off. I STAND on top of the paint cans and lower down into the squat. That lowering movement is the magic for me. If the poop is ready to come, it will do so right as I am just hovering over the toilet. If it doesn't come right away, my muscles relax so that I'm really sitting on the toilet instead of squatting over it, and the magic is over. If this happens, I stand up, walk around a bit and then go back to standing on the paint cans and lower myself down. Its never taken me more than two shots to have a completely painless, effortless BM.
I am a woman of size (that means I'm a bit on the fat side for those who don't know) and my joints are stiff. This can work for us!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Women and squatting

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:20

coconut yes squatting can be quite a bit to master in my case having bouts of lose stools that can not wait, was not easy.
I did the squatting when my fissure was at its worst, it did made a difference, the BMs are faster that way.
I believe this help more people that have problem with constipation, as it gently pushes the stools closes to the anal opening. I did them anyway and it help me with the scrapping of the freshly opened fissure.
Now that I am better I just put my feet on a box to raise the legs a bit.
Thanks for the tip. :D The things we most do for comfort but anything is worth it.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby jr2 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:23

Yeah, I think everyone has to experiment with what works for their anatomy. For me, spreading my legs and fully squatting puts way too much pressure on the anus. I do much better just getting my knees elevated and keeping them more together so that the anal area doesn't stretch while I'm in that position. I've experimented with various different heights as well. I found a way that the BM just pretty much falls out. I'm very very thin (actually quite underweight), so I wonder if we all just need to experiment with what works best for us.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 11:38

Actually, squatting doesn't have much to do with constipation. Its more to do with our anatomy. In the seated position, or in the wrong squat, our muscles and ligaments fight against the release of the stool, no matter if it's hard or soft. I tend towards very soft stools. I always have. When I'm in a typical sitting position on the toilet, I have to push to have a BM, no matter how loose my stools are.
Honestly, when people on these boards said "don't push" I thought they were full of it. I had never had a BM without pushing until I found the right squat. The wrong squat, for me, just made my muscles tighter and made it harder to push. Not good.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 11:39

jr2 wrote:Yeah, I think everyone has to experiment with what works for their anatomy. For me, spreading my legs and fully squatting puts way too much pressure on the anus. I do much better just getting my knees elevated and keeping them more together so that the anal area doesn't stretch while I'm in that position. I've experimented with various different heights as well. I found a way that the BM just pretty much falls out. I'm very very thin (actually quite underweight), so I wonder if we all just need to experiment with what works best for us.

I was wondering if this might be different for very thin women. You'all don't tend to have the wide hips that larger women have, and spreading them to the side of the pot might be a bit much.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:45

coconut, because of my condition i also always have lose or soft stools, the kind that I have to run to the restroom or else. Image
I also have the wider Caribbean hips so squatting is better than trying to do a BM with my legs close together.
Perhaps it does have to do with the anatomy after all.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby coconut » 20 Feb 2013, 11:51

marg6043 wrote:coconut, because of my condition i also always have lose or soft stools, the kind that I have to run to the restroom or else. Image
I also have the wider Caribbean hips so squatting is better than trying to do a BM with my legs close together.
Perhaps it does have to do with the anatomy after all.

Me too, I lay in bed in the morning until I'm ready to poop, because the moment I'm upright, my bowels start to move. When this first started, I would run to the toilet and then sit there and try to get up the nerve to push just a little, because a little push was the only thing that was going to start the BM and get it over with. No wonder I wasn't healing.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 18:59

coconut wrote:I finally managed to figure out squatting over the toilet and its made a HUGE difference. My BMs are painless now, and the spasms are decreasing just a little bit every day. I wanted to start this thread so that we could talk about squatting and how its different for women.
Women have larger hips then men. Our pelvic area is also shaped differently, to allow for the passage of a baby. In general, women are going to take a wider squat then men. To squat properly, most women need to spread their legs further than hip distance apart, especially if you are somewhat stiff in the hips or ankles.
All the descriptions/youtube videos of squatting showed men putting a crate box or similar in front of the toilet. This doesn't work for me. I can't be in that position and hold up my weight at all. It does nothing to facilitate smooth BMs.
I took two FULL gallon paint containers and placed them next to the toilet. (If my toilet was a face, they would have been placed where a little girl would have pig tails.) The heavy paint containers mean that they won't slip out from under me. It took a few "dry runs" before finding the right location to fit my needs.
Now, we I feel the urge to go, I take my pants all the way off. I STAND on top of the paint cans and lower down into the squat. That lowering movement is the magic for me. If the poop is ready to come, it will do so right as I am just hovering over the toilet. If it doesn't come right away, my muscles relax so that I'm really sitting on the toilet instead of squatting over it, and the magic is over. If this happens, I stand up, walk around a bit and then go back to standing on the paint cans and lower myself down. Its never taken me more than two shots to have a completely painless, effortless BM.
I am a woman of size (that means I'm a bit on the fat side for those who don't know) and my joints are stiff. This can work for us!

I plan on trying that in the morning with pots....just to see if it works....again, thanks Coco.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Peppermint Patty » 05 Apr 2013, 09:54

Wow, I am finding so much good advice on this forum! I, like you coconut, thought fellow board members were crazy when they said, "don't push." I've always had to push to get my BMs out. So glad to hear that squatting works. I'm definitely going to give it a try and see what happens. Thanks!
Peppermint Patty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Anonymon » 05 Apr 2013, 12:53

I don't know as much about squatting to poop beyond what's readily available online suggesting it helps position the colon, but I do train people to squat in the Olympic sense. Even there, the spirit of this thread rings true—there's no universal squatting position. Let alone to poop. You do your best to minimize poorly distributing your weight to avoid injury, and go as low as you're progressively able in that arena.
If you've found something that works for you coconut, you're already ahead of most lifters! I truly hope it aids in your recovery.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26