CRS appt today and botox question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

CRS appt today and botox question

Postby sotiredofthis » 26 Feb 2013, 17:30

Saw my CRS today and he said I am 90% healed. YEAH!! :D Of course, now I'm a little sore from the appointment and praying that he didn't retear anything. Image I've been using nitro for 5 weeks. It is compounded with Vaseline and has worked great for me. He told me to use it for another month.
He also said if things get bad again his first round of treatment would be botox? He's not one to rush into LIS right away. He tends to be conservative which I do appreciate. Any advice on botox? Honestly, all of this scares me to death!
Thanks!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: CRS appt today and botox question

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:57

sotiredofthis wrote:Saw my CRS today and he said I am 90% healed. YEAH!! :D Of course, now I'm a little sore from the appointment and praying that he didn't retear anything. Image I've been using nitro for 5 weeks. It is compounded with Vaseline and has worked great for me. He told me to use it for another month.
He also said if things get bad again his first round of treatment would be botox? He's not one to rush into LIS right away. He tends to be conservative which I do appreciate. Any advice on botox? Honestly, all of this scares me to death!
Thanks!

I'm so jealous,,,,,,,,, Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby sotiredofthis » 26 Feb 2013, 18:06

Oh, GG, don't be jealous. Where are you in your journey?
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 26 Feb 2013, 20:22

sotired, I had botox and it did help. I have a new wound tho and more spasming. If you are so close to healing it may just be the extra bump you need. I had mine without any anesthesia. It was fine, nothing like an AF spasm.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 22:36

sotiredofthis wrote:Oh, GG, don't be jealous. Where are you in your journey?

Although I've had this now for almost 2 months, I'm back at square one....just pain pain pain. My body has built an immunity to the Aleve and the Naproxen...nothing seems to work anymore. The nitro cream, my second time using it today, was completely useless....the spasm has been in effect since 6pm today and now its almost 12am.....I can't stop aching or feeling the pain. I've taken so many sitz bath, I look like fricken raisin down there Image Made a bad bad mistake yesterday and I'm paying for it today...I gotta stick to the bird seeds and water and never ever ever ever ever deviate from that until I'm cured. Non the less, I'm so jealous, but in a good healthy way for you....I just wish I could feel better like you.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 22:38

sotiredofthis wrote:Saw my CRS today and he said I am 90% healed. YEAH!! :D Of course, now I'm a little sore from the appointment and praying that he didn't retear anything. Image I've been using nitro for 5 weeks. It is compounded with Vaseline and has worked great for me. He told me to use it for another month.
Thanks!

Got a question? How often do you use your Nitro. I'm so tempted to use it again within the 12 hour period....I'm in that much pain!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 27 Feb 2013, 02:15

GG I find Nitro only lasts for 3 hours so you need to plan your timing very carefully. I leave it as long as I can before I apply it, and found this helped to reduce the symptoms more quickly.
You need to apply it religiously for at least 1-2 weeks before you will notice a difference. It's slow progress but works and cures 70% of chronic fissures!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby sotiredofthis » 27 Feb 2013, 07:24

Thanks for the info, hopeful!
GG this is what has worked for me. I've had this since September, healed in November and retore in December. I also have IBS which makes controlling the stool consistency and frequency harder. I take 1 1/2 tsp. of fiber daily, PB8 probiotic and 2 stool softeners at night. Constipation is not my problem it's more diarrhea so I need to be very consistent. Although a very, very unusual bout of constipation in September is what started this whole thing. I've never had constipation in my life so I don't know what happened. I also drink tons of water. After my morning bm I have found I need to wait about 1/2 hour or so to take my sitz bath. Taking it right away seemed to irritate the area. I NEVER use toilet paper, only cottenelle wipes. I also have a skin tag which means I've had this thing for a long time it just never bothered me. Cleaning can be a hassle which is another reason I wait for the sitz bath. Then I apply just a fingertips worth of the nitro/Vaseline ointment on the outside and internally about my fingertip length. Then at night I take another sitz bath at bedtime and apply the same amount of nitro/Vaseline ointment. I haven't had the headache with this. I do feel the area get warm so I know there is blood flow getting there. I did get headaches with just straight retrogesic cream. It took the nitro/Vaseline 2 weeks to work. It felt like nothing was happening and then all of a sudden it worked.
This is just what has worked for me and it's been all trial and error and pain. I'm praying for you! Hang in there. There is always hope even though it feels like at times there is none. I've been where you are. You can do this!!!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 27 Feb 2013, 11:32

sotiredofthis wrote:Thanks for the info, hopeful!
GG this is what has worked for me. I've had this since September, healed in November and retore in December. I also have IBS which makes controlling the stool consistency and frequency harder. I take 1 1/2 tsp. of fiber daily, PB8 probiotic and 2 stool softeners at night. Constipation is not my problem it's more diarrhea so I need to be very consistent. Although a very, very unusual bout of constipation in September is what started this whole thing. I've never had constipation in my life so I don't know what happened. I also drink tons of water. After my morning bm I have found I need to wait about 1/2 hour or so to take my sitz bath. Taking it right away seemed to irritate the area. I NEVER use toilet paper, only cottenelle wipes. I also have a skin tag which means I've had this thing for a long time it just never bothered me. Cleaning can be a hassle which is another reason I wait for the sitz bath. Then I apply just a fingertips worth of the nitro/Vaseline ointment on the outside and internally about my fingertip length. Then at night I take another sitz bath at bedtime and apply the same amount of nitro/Vaseline ointment. I haven't had the headache with this. I do feel the area get warm so I know there is blood flow getting there. I did get headaches with just straight retrogesic cream. It took the nitro/Vaseline 2 weeks to work. It felt like nothing was happening and then all of a sudden it worked.
This is just what has worked for me and it's been all trial and error and pain. I'm praying for you! Hang in there. There is always hope even though it feels like at times there is none. I've been where you are. You can do this!!!

Yes, I do need to give this cream more time......at this point, its nada. The headaches are really bad and I have to go back to work Friday, how on earth I'm gonna time manage all this is up in the air. I can't do my regime at work, so I have to time this to for morning and after work...a feat within itself. Right now I'm so weak from last night, I just want to pass out.....up all night with tears and pain. I live for the day my biggest concern in life, is my car, my kids and the bills.....I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of just focusing on my but, I'm so sick of it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 27 Feb 2013, 11:36

CrackinUp wrote:GG I find Nitro only lasts for 3 hours so you need to plan your timing very carefully. I leave it as long as I can before I apply it, and found this helped to reduce the symptoms more quickly.
You need to apply it religiously for at least 1-2 weeks before you will notice a difference. It's slow progress but works and cures 70% of chronic fissures!

Okay, I've decided to do this starting tommorrow morning, at 5:30am each day and 5:30pm at night. I have to be at work at 7am, so I'm hoping any bm that I have is done between 5:30am and 6am.....(I can't believe how you have to stadegize a bm, this is insane, insane Image ).......I'm gonna do this for the next 3 weeks and hopefully, I'll see some improvement.
Question? what does this mean? I leave it as long as I can before I apply it, and found this helped to reduce the symptoms more quickly. I'm having a brain angel gas and can't figure it out...no pun intended (smile)
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist