I dread sitting down

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I dread sitting down

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 16:46

I've had fissure for a couple months and now that I've been on a lot of miralax for a while I can even poop without too much pain (used to bring me to tears with spasms).i drove around in car today and after sitting for ten minutes I kept feeling like a charley horse feeling in my butt(fissure).
I think with the miralax I could handle going back to work if it wasn't for the pain I get from sitting. It even still hurts for a while after I get out of car.i haven't worked in months and I was feeling so hopeful until I tried driving car today. There's no way I could drive an hour to work feeling like I'm sitting on a dull knife.i even tried temperpedic donut cushions. They help, but not so much anymore! At least the miralax has helped a lot and I haven't had blood since I started miralax a few weeks ago.i just wonder if its really even trying to heal at all. Because I still can't sit.i see my first crs next Wednesday.does anyone think I will have hope for healing if he gives me a cream or something?(I'm going to ask for nifedipine, I heard it has least amount of side effects).
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Re: I dread sitting down

Postby coconut » 27 Feb 2013, 17:03

I had that exact symptom. Fine as long as I was always on my feet. Car driving was impossible. Two weeks of Nif. cream and I can drive again, although it does cause me some discomfort.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby suzyljank » 27 Feb 2013, 17:23

Hi, that charlie horse up the butt feeling is the worst. It brings me to tears too. The only thing that helps me when that happens is sitting on a heating pad. Most of the time if I sit for a little while it will relax the muscle and I'll have another bm. Sometimes I think it comes from the pressure of a bm pushing against the area. As far as the donut cushion goes, I've had more than one doctor tell me that they are no good for a fissure, they tend to pull the cheeks apart which can tear the fissure. What was recommended to me was to put a rolled up towel or small pillow under your thigh on the side of the fissure so when you sit you aren't sitting directly on the open cut. It really does help. Most fissure heal within 8 weeks, if it doesn't then it's considered a chronic fissure. These can heal but are more difficult because scar tissue continues to form each time you tear and start to heal. Good luck at the doctors, I hope you heal quickly, no one should have to go through all this pain. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 18:00

Thanks for replies!
I will try rolled up towel trick
delasama
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:17

delasama wrote:I've had fissure for a couple months and now that I've been on a lot of miralax for a while I can even poop without too much pain (used to bring me to tears with spasms).i drove around in car today and after sitting for ten minutes I kept feeling like a charley horse feeling in my butt(fissure).
I think with the miralax I could handle going back to work if it wasn't for the pain I get from sitting. It even still hurts for a while after I get out of car.i haven't worked in months and I was feeling so hopeful until I tried driving car today. There's no way I could drive an hour to work feeling like I'm sitting on a dull knife.i even tried temperpedic donut cushions. They help, but not so much anymore! At least the miralax has helped a lot and I haven't had blood since I started miralax a few weeks ago.i just wonder if its really even trying to heal at all. Because I still can't sit.i see my first crs next Wednesday.does anyone think I will have hope for healing if he gives me a cream or something?(I'm going to ask for nifedipine, I heard it has least amount of side effects).

Child, I have to sit at a machine for 9 hours a day on chairs meant for prison executions (smile). In the mornings when I have that dreaded bm, I have maybe 30 minutes to medicate myself to the point of nausea, before I arrive at work. Its a nightmare, an absolute nightmare. THATS WHY I NEEDED TO SEE THESE GOD FORSAKEN DOCTORS....I NEEDED ADVICE ON THIS PAIN.....and I couldn't even get that Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby delasama » 28 Feb 2013, 16:39

Ggky1959 sorry u have to sit so much.
Every time things start looking up for me then another thing goes wrong. I thought I was getting a hold on my fissure then it starts hurting again then I doc says I have a yeast infection in my penis so he gives me a pill that is really bad for my liver but he said it would cure infection. It didn't cure infection and now I have to see a dermatologist about it...
delasama
King Fissure

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:48

delasama wrote:Ggky1959 sorry u have to sit so much.
Every time things start looking up for me then another thing goes wrong. I thought I was getting a hold on my fissure then it starts hurting again then I doc says I have a yeast infection in my penis so he gives me a pill that is really bad for my liver but he said it would cure infection. It didn't cure infection and now I have to see a dermatologist about it...

Dog gonnit, wow.....this thing, this fissure....has to be the plague of our times (smile). The side effects are sometimes just as bad. I don't even want to know what all this crap I'm putting down there has done to my genitals from the wiping...and some of it getting down in there. But I'm so use to severe pain, nothing hurts anymore. Hang in there kid, things someday have got to get better. Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25