Me and doctors are just not to be

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Me and doctors are just not to be

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:19

Just when I thought, things couldn't get any worse with doctors, here we go again. I show up at the new CRS doctor at 11am all ready to finally get answers about this fissure and some relief.....but before I could see the doctor, I have to pay for the office visit, which was 278. which I didn't have right off hand. So I ask can I pay half and then next friday, with my debit card info, you can take out the rest...NO, we need the full amount up front. In addition to that amount, I had to pay any outstanding bills I had with the hospital they're associated with, which I have an addition 1200. from previous yrs of us....never mind I've been on payment plan with them, they wanted the money paid in full before I could see this doctor....(true story). I kept telling the lady in front of all these people, so embarrassing that a 2grand deductible can not be made this early in the year, like are you kidding me? She doesn't care and ask do I need to reschedule??? Seriously? So I'm shattered at this point, I'm so defeated at this point....driving home, I can't stop crying, driving home, I'm literly histerical to the point of almost having an accident....unfkkkenbelievable.
All I wanted was just a few minutes to discuss, nothing but discuss this dreaded desease and ways to combat it.
I think its just meant for me to suffer.....Never the less so I get home and I go on my insurance website to find someway to get around this to see a doctor....and low and behold I find out that my insurance as do most....have nurses on staff 24 hours a day 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have. But before I did that, I called University the poor man's hospital in my area and made an appt. to see their CRS...which is months away, but its okay...I'll see this guy the end of April...I'm okay with that...I just need info on pain management. So I call the nurse and for 30 minutes.....I GOT THE ANSWERS I NEEDED AND IT DIDN'T COST ME ONE DIME.....GOD IS GOOD!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Me and doctors are just not to be

Postby owmybum » 28 Feb 2013, 14:40

Sounds like a real ordeal for you.... But I'm glad you got some advice in the end.... And free advice too!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby delasama » 28 Feb 2013, 14:53

Yes doctors \"yangtze fluid\" me off too! They are so greedy and they can be because they always have people to see no matter how many they \"yangtze fluid\" off.i see a crs next week and I'm probably going to spend my whole tax return on fighting this fissure.which is all my money since I don't have a job. I think I will see if my insurance has one of those phone nurses.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby marg6043 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:05

GGky1959 sorry to hear you are having so much problems with the health care system.
When things get this bad, GGky1959 try to look at it like a test in life and will, take it as a lesson and make the best of it, do not let it put you down, I always feel that when 20 doors closes around us, one will be opening and things will always get better.
Hold on to the positive part of your experience and things will get better for you. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:22

delasama wrote:Yes doctors \"yangtze fluid\" me off too! They are so greedy and they can be because they always have people to see no matter how many they \"yangtze fluid\" off.i see a crs next week and I'm probably going to spend my whole tax return on fighting this fissure.which is all my money since I don't have a job. I think I will see if my insurance has one of those phone nurses.

Bottom line, a CRS can tell me all day yes, you have a fissure, yes there's a remedy for it and here's what we can do.....I know my options thanks to this website....I just needed someone to discuss pain management. Am I taking to much IBufrofen, should I take this, should I switch to that? That's all I wanted. If this nitro doesn't work, I have a CRS doctor who can give me a px for something that will.....all over the phone because he knows I can't afford to see him. Never the less....look into the nurse options....I can't believe how helpful she was to me. She didn't give medical advice, she simple steered me into options and that's all I wanted.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:07

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 sorry to hear you are having so much problems with the health care system.
When things get this bad, GGky1959 try to look at it like a test in life and will, take it as a lesson and make the best of it, do not let it put you down, I always feel that when 20 doors closes around us, one will be opening and things will always get better.
Hold on to the positive part of your experience and things will get better for you. Image

Listen, I know, we all know this is going to be a hell of a journey for a very very long time and yes, there will at some point come an end to this journey however temporary it may be...but at some point, things will get better....meanwhile back at the ranch, we have got to information on how to handle the pain, when surgery options are off the table due to lack of funds or whatever. This is all I want from these doctors, just something as simple as that.....and yet.....Marg, its been hell and I'm just floored by it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:12

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 sorry to hear you are having so much problems with the health care system.

I know, we all know that eventually things will get better.....I just wish these doctors out here would be a bit more compassionate and understand.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 28 Feb 2013, 17:57

GG, I'm so sorry you have had such an awful time with doctors. It's unbelievable!! If they only knew how incredibly painful and debilitating this is!
Praying for you!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby GGky1959 » 01 Mar 2013, 16:03

sotiredofthis wrote:GG, I'm so sorry you have had such an awful time with doctors. It's unbelievable!! If they only knew how incredibly painful and debilitating this is!
Praying for you!

Thanks Soti......the only Doctors who will ever find compassion for sufferer's like us fall under two types.....dr's who've had this happen to them, and those who are glad you have the financial means to use their services.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 01 Mar 2013, 16:09

GGky1959 wrote:Thanks Soti......the only Doctors who will ever find compassion for sufferer's like us fall under two types.....dr's who've had this happen to them, and those who are glad you have the financial means to use their services.

I'm sorry to hear about that doctor. Amazing the callusness that is shown by the medical industry. I can't imagine looking into the eyes of someone in pain and telling them that they needed to wait until they paid, not just my bill, but the bill of some bully hospital.
I'm curious about what part of the country you live in because you've referenced it so much.
Glad to hear about the phone nurse thing. I might use that one myself!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12