what if fissure is too small to see?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

what if fissure is too small to see?

Postby hopefulbutt » 01 Mar 2013, 10:27

I am just wondering does anyone have a very small fissure? I can feel mine sting and ache and cause spasms at times but when i look in the mirror (even a magnifying one) I see nothing. I've even felt it rip twice. How will the doctor see it? They gave me botox because of the pain but can't see it.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: what if fissure is too small to see?

Postby suzyljank » 01 Mar 2013, 10:48

Hi, sorry you're hurting. Any tear in anal region will hurt, even the smallest tear can cause excuriating pain. The reason you may not be able to see your fissure could be that it's more internal than external. I've never been able to see mine but I know it's there. Try to keep you stool soft and easy to pass so you don't tear and try a little lubrication around the area before a bm. It might help. I hope you're botox works and you heal quickly. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby CrackinUp » 01 Mar 2013, 11:06

You mean you've had Botox and are still getting spasms?
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby hopefulbutt » 01 Mar 2013, 11:27

THanks suzy, i think it is somewhat external- as once i tore just from lifting my leg to high! I was getting on my husband's motorcycle and felt it rip again in august.
yes crackingup. I had botox and it seemed to help a great deal- though I can tell it's not perfect. Then I had a thrombosed hem excised (i think i got it from the botox hitting the vein) and was fine for a week. Then pain after bms. Sometimes only soreness and othertimes horrible pain. Some days are ok some days are not. Maybe the botox is starting to wear off? It's been 6 weeks since I got it now.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby enough is enough » 01 Mar 2013, 14:01

The CRS who performed my LIS 2 weeks ago couldn't see my fissure until I was knocked out in the OR. She could get a much better look there than in her office, where it simply would have been too uncomfortable for me to undergo that much dilation and probing. (Several years prior, I had been diagnosed with visible fissures by two other CRSs, but they come and go - that's the nature of "chronic.") She told me this is a fairly common occurrence with chronic AF sufferers, who come in reporting textbook pain and other fissure symptoms, but the fissure itself can't always be spotted. Our deal was that she would perform the LIS if she found a fissure, and/or a too-tight internal sphincter muscle in the OR. I won on both counts! :D
enough is enough
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1