Diltiazem~~ So far so Good!!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem~~ So far so Good!!!!

Postby Localuna » 06 Mar 2013, 00:59

Been using Diltiazem ointment since this past Friday. (March 1st) And I'm so very happy because since the first day using it, I have felt less and less pain!!!! And today only 4 days later, I don't cry, get stressed about going, no panic attacks and no pain meds!!! I still do a sitz bath in the evening after a bm, just because it feels so relaxing. And the side effects.... bad headaches.... Have gone away!!!
Oh and I also bumped up my fiber, so that has helped with the chronic diarrhea and for a calmer bm.
I just had to share, maybe it will help someone else! I'm praying that it continues to heal and I can be a normal regular person that's not afraid of the toilet!!! Image
Localuna
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Diltiazem~~ So far so Good!!!!

Postby PIA » 06 Mar 2013, 02:40

Great to hear you're feeling better. Keep up with all the good things that will help you heal. It is a long process and can have setbacks. Consistency of everything especially BMs seems to be the key. Xxx Pia.
Last edited by PIA on 06 Mar 2013, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Luka » 06 Mar 2013, 02:56

Glad to hear the Diltiazem is working for you. : ) I've been on it about 7 weeks now and unfortunately still have pain on and off. Not sure if it's really working for me or not and how long I should keep taking it. Maybe I'm just a REALLY slow healer.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby marg6043 » 06 Mar 2013, 07:56

Localuna good to know that the cream is working, if you are lucky enough to have a first time fissure and have not waited too long to get treated, usually they will go away with treatment.
For the no so lucky and chronic fissures sufferers like me it takes a lot more and they do not go away completely.
Hopefully you are in the lucky ones and this will go away and never comeback with proper diet care.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8