Could constipation have healed me a bit???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Could constipation have healed me a bit???

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 13:35

This is a wierd thought so bare with me on this....For 3 days I went without a bm....used the Nitro but didn't have a bm....I'm wondering with no stool passing for such a lengthy time, could that have possibly caused a little healing to go on down there??? Then I'm thinking.....with this high fiber routine causing a bm daily, could that somehow hender the fissure from healing....I don't know, but for some reason....since those 3 days passed, my bm's aren't as painful anymore. Don't get me wrong, but prior to those 3 days, I was grabbing on for deal life, just to pass waste without pain and I'm talking razor deep sharp pains......after the 3 days, I took this Milk of Mag. and since then on a scale of 1-10, all my bm's have been relatively painless and....this is the clincher...the spasm's aren't as long or enduring. I'm not a doctor, nor an expert on this, but its an interesting serendipity moment that has occured here.[b]
I have been on this high fiber, lots of water for weeks, since Jan 8 of this year, with no real results other than loosing about 10 pounds. The intense pain never went away and the spasm's only got worse and longer. How does a cut on you bum heal with constant attempts to have a soft stool becomes a mission of failure most often? I'm not advocating that we go the constipation route, but it begs for exploration at this point, I think??? 3 days without a bm isn't good, but 3 days gave me enough room to bring on some type of healing?
Please can I get some thoughts on this?
Last edited by GGky1959 on 06 Mar 2013, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Could constipation have healed me a bit???

Postby jr2 » 06 Mar 2013, 13:42

yes.
but the key part is that when you did have the bowel movement after the three days it was soft and easy to pass. This is unusual, even with Milk of Magnesia or Miralax. Usually, for most people, stool that is already in there for that long will still be dried and harder to pass, even with an osmotic.
As far as fiber, I am better off with more moderate levels of fiber rather than loading up on it the way most doctors suggest. Too much fiber makes stools that are too bulky for my fissures. For me, it isn't about how many times I go in a day (I don't have a choice anyway... no matter what I will go at least three times a day), but it's more important that each time is as soft as possible, just short of being diarrhea.
But yes, the rest your anal area got for a few days probably did some good, but the more important factor was that you didn't have to pass a hard, large BM when you did get things going again.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 13:53

jr2 wrote:yes.
but the key part is that when you did have the bowel movement after the three days it was soft and easy to pass. This is unusual, even with Milk of Magnesia or Miralax. Usually, for most people, stool that is already in there for that long will still be dried and harder to pass, even with an osmotic.
As far as fiber, I am better off with more moderate levels of fiber rather than loading up on it the way most doctors suggest. Too much fiber makes stools that are too bulky for my fissures. For me, it isn't about how many times I go in a day (I don't have a choice anyway... no matter what I will go at least three times a day), but it's more important that each time is as soft as possible, just short of being diarrhea.
But yes, the rest your anal area got for a few days probably did some good, but the more important factor was that you didn't have to pass a hard, large BM when you did get things going again.

J2, prior to those 3 days no matter how soft or hard my stool came, I had to hold on for dear life in that bathroom in order to endure the pain. And it took hours for the spasm to ease up, hours. Since those 3 days, I swear to you, no more pain like before, no more grabbing on for deal life. I am actually having bm's like a normal person. Its like out of the clear blue this occured....I am absolutely floored by all this, completely at odds on how this all occured. So I have to assume a theory. Or just believe God answererd my prayers.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 06 Mar 2013, 14:04

I have to say that I remember when I would go one day without having a BM and feel so good, but then it only takes a couple of diarrhea bouts for me to get irritated again.
So I guess it does pay when the area is not working for a day or two. :D I never been more than a day without a BM or (couple of them) in a day.
Now I can have the diarrhea sometimes and still no be irritated enough to bother me.
Things gets better GGky1959, believe it or they do.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 14:23

marg6043 wrote:I have to say that I remember when I would go one day without having a BM and feel so good, but then it only takes a couple of diarrhea bouts for me to get irritated again.
So I guess it does pay when the area is not working for a day or two. :D I never been more than a day without a BM or (couple of them) in a day.
Now I can have the diarrhea sometimes and still no be irritated enough to bother me.
Things gets better GGky1959, believe it or they do.

Strangely enough, since this thing started, passing waste on a timely matter has consumed me. But prior to this 3 day event of no bm, I had had a major set back, almost to the point of going to the er.....that weekend, was by far and I noted it in a post, the worst day of my life with this disease. I had constant diarrhea, constant pain, it was a nightmare and after that bout, I ate enough cheese to bind a mice....I didn't want to crap ever again, I was in that much pain.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 06 Mar 2013, 14:57

I know, I can go in a day with one regular BM, first in the morning, then if If I get cramps after eating my first meal, is going to be a bad day as I have diarrhea the rest of the day.
But if I don't then is a good day.
Diarrhea irritates my fissure, if I have more than one bout a day.
But if I don't then everything is ok, now even with the irritation is still not as bad as it used too.
So far is been mild, as long as I keep the area with enough lubrication to avoid the irritation.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby coconut » 06 Mar 2013, 15:26

Finding effective ways to make sure my poop was softer than soft was the beginning of a turn around for me. Even now, I have less spasming then when it was at its worst. Management is HUGE!
I'm so glad you've found a way to make things easier for yourself.
Here's a weirdo idea that I only put forth because you brought up your church friends - maybe your lesser pain is a response to prayer. That can be some powerful stuff. I've found there is no time when we are closer to God then when we are in terrible pain and begging to make it stop. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby delasama » 06 Mar 2013, 15:31

I have been praying a lot too and slowly getting better.miralax plus Jesus equals healing powers!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 06 Mar 2013, 15:47

delasama wrote:I have been praying a lot too and slowly getting better.miralax plus Jesus equals healing powers!

The people at Miralax built a time machine, went back to ancient Bethlehem and fashioned Miralax out of the collected tears of the baby Jesus himself. True fax. :)
Personally, when I pray, it more to the Great Oneness who sustains us all... but I'm cool with Jesus, too!
Image This is a sun, because Jesus is called the son of God. (Wow, I'm getting giddy...)
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 19:42

I am 1000% certain God has played a hand in this.....my bm today was totally painless....no knife sticks, no spasm, nothing...I am just beside myself over what is taking place down there...I'm completely overwhelmed by all this. I feel normal and its literally scaring the s**** out of me, guys...I'm just soo happy and I can't believe this is really happening to me. I don't feel anything anymore and its scary as hell. I'm not gonna go crazy over this, but its just tooo damned wierd for words.....2 weeks ago, I was on suicide watch, crying every single day, every day...dreading a bm, anticipating the spasm and then.....gone????? I feel crazy, I feel so wierd over all this, I just don't understand....but man does it feel good again down there. OMG
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist