Help pls! Can internal exam trigger relapse?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Help pls! Can internal exam trigger relapse?

Postby delasama » 08 Mar 2013, 20:14

Lol
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby BS » 09 Mar 2013, 03:27

Ha ha! Hoping for an amicable separation much before we have to learn a dozen languages together...Take care, you both. I'll write in with my experiences (in English :D) after the dreaded visit.
BS
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 Mar 2013, 11:17

Hi BS,
(And everyone else) - Hoping you all heal very soon and sorry to hear of all your fissure stories. Your stories, advice and conclusions mirror many of my own views and experiences and it's been a great post to read through.
I totally relate, having been through all the stuff too. I'm a year on with mine and it is much healed compared to this time a year ago but I'm still very aware of what I've been through and always mentally preparing for set-backs!
Coconut - It was really interesting to hear your view on this all with your alternative medical background. Very encouraging to read and practical and hope that surgery helps sort you out...
BS - I've had 3 internal EUA's last year plus 2 normal internals and I can honestly say they may have aggravated the area for a day or two after, but have not caused any further damage to the fissure, so try not to worry too much. I think you are doing the right thing in getting a re-assessment on the area and yes, go with the symptoms too. I think you are being incredibly sensible and I'm a bit like that too so can relate!
My issue is similar to yours but the fissure doesn't bother me much these days. It's internal piles that do moreso - confirmed as Grade 1 at my last EUA. I've been advised to go back and get them banded if they continue to cause discomfort but after all the stuff I went through last year, I am so reluctant at the moment because:
1) I just want a break from any more anal intervention!
2) I'm scared that the banding procedure might cause damage to the fissure especially as the one pile is very close to it......
I think I will call my CRS too for a chat about it all because I need to feel sure of a decision and essentially any further risk to the fissure through any further actions. I'm not going to push for an internal though!!....
Look forward to any updates on this post and all the very best to you all in the meantime :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby BS » 12 Mar 2013, 06:20

An excellent doctor, an almost painless examination and a reassuring prognosis - guys, my guardian angel must've been on full-time duty today!
I've been asked to go on diltiazem and a stool softener (duphalac) for 6 weeks. If I can continue to keep constipation at bay as I've been doing, he feels the fissure will heal. Surgery he said was an undesirable option and probably not needed in my case. He may however consider botox if I don't respond to the diltiazem. He also mentioned hot flushes, skin irritation as its possible side-effects. Anyway, I need to go back after a month to see him. I need to keep being active and most importantly, to feel less stressed, more relaxed in my mind (yeah, right - gah!) about this whole thing.
Finally, what was really refreshing was his attitude to all the natural therapies that I've been following until now. He said that personally, he doesn't understand how these things work but if they have worked for me all these years, there must be something in them and I was free to continue any of those therapies, after consulting the concerned practitioners.
Phew, so that's behind me now... :D
Ever the Optimist, thanks for sharing your experiences of the internals you've had - I felt vastly reassured! Very sorry to hear of the complication that's developed. Did you call your CRS and have that chat? Do get well soon, my dear!
BS
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby coconut » 12 Mar 2013, 13:39

So glad to hear that things went well! Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12