No Pain Meds

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: No Pain Meds

Postby owmybum » 14 Mar 2013, 15:36

Yes Suzy... You make a good point.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby PIA » 14 Mar 2013, 23:10

I took Tramadol for the first time this week. I am not sure why but I had a setback one week after botox. I think I do know actually..over did the activity and stress level. Anyway I had read,how people on this sight had got relief with strong painkillers so after all baths etc I took two tablets as prescribed. Never again for me! Pain was relieved but the nausea, prolific sweating and foggy head was horrid. I felt away with the fairies and also experienced some hallucinations. I say use what you need but be aware that they have profound side affects, cause constipation and are highly addictive. They are not a healthy option. They damage your kidneys and your liver I have experienced first hand the addictions of smoking and alcohol in my past and know now that I don't want to go there again..ever. Xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby coconut » 15 Mar 2013, 08:37

PIA wrote:I took Tramadol for the first time this week. I am not sure why but I had a setback one week after botox. I think I do know actually..over did the activity and stress level. Anyway I had read,how people on this sight had got relief with strong painkillers so after all baths etc I took two tablets as prescribed. Never again for me! Pain was relieved but the nausea, prolific sweating and foggy head was horrid. I felt away with the fairies and also experienced some hallucinations. I say use what you need but be aware that they have profound side affects, cause constipation and are highly addictive. They are not a healthy option. They damage your kidneys and your liver I have experienced first hand the addictions of smoking and alcohol in my past and know now that I don't want to go there again..ever. Xx Pia

That's a really bad reaction. Sounds like a overdose/hypersensitivity. Glad you decided not to go there again.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby suzyljank » 15 Mar 2013, 09:26

That sounds like a pretty big dose for the first time. Usually you try to control pain with the smallest dose you can. Might want to try just one pill or a half if you're in a lot of pain.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby butthurt2013 » 15 Mar 2013, 16:32

After wanting to kill myself a week into codeine (from the constipation), I went to a different doc and they gave me Tramadol, which works way better for me. It isn't as effective on the pain, but it doesn't make me constipated. And, it's an srni, like effexor, so it's been having an anti-depressant effect too, slightly lightening my mood and making my situation a little more bearable.
The only bad effect I can track with Tramadol is that I'm smoking cigs like a fiend and drinking coffee WAY more than I should be with this problem, it seems to have "loosened" my hold over my vices.
But if you haven't tried it and need SOMETHING I'd ask your doc about it for sure.
And PIA, I guess now that i think about it I do get dizzy every once in a while, just nothing as bad as you described. I take 2 50 mg pills 2-3 times a day. Bummer Tram didn't work for you, it's been a tiny thread holding me back from insanity on some of the bad days...
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 4