How much botox did you have?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: How much botox did you have?

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Mar 2013, 12:59

I honestly don't know. My CRS now says he will give me more botox in a month if I want as it helped me before. He didn't think i was very tight. But a CRS I saw just 2 days before that said I was very tight. ? Who knows. I have another opinion in a month too. I cry a lot too Rachael. Even though I am 33 I just graduated college but am unable to even look for a job because I can't imagine working with the pain. I really hope the botox works for you. When is your appointment?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Mar 2013, 13:30

The appointment is on 4th April. The external hem is causing pain now too. I am scared about the whole thing, I am a wimp and I hate hospitals!
I am sure you will be able to get a great job when you are sorted, maybe push for the LIS.
I am a instructor/Assessor, not been working now for a few months, I feel awful not being able to go into work, but driving, moving is too painful.
How long have you been suffering?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Mar 2013, 13:38

I sure hope I can Rachel. The reason I went back to school in the first place was to get health insurance. Ha Ha. Now I need a job to pay all those CRS back. Please don't call yourself a wimp. You and I and everyone on here has probably dealt with more pain today than most people do in a year. Have you tried the Rutin for the hem? Has it been shrinking? Read the reviews on amazon for it.
My pain started over a year ago. Exactly on February 1st. My summer actually went well with using diltiazam and having tiny tiny poo. But Crs said to cut back my miralax some and I retore, then had a hem treated and now either retore again or ulcer. It's like a never ending nightmare.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Mar 2013, 14:09

We will get our lives back. It feels like a horrible horrible nightmare. I just think sometimes I don't want to wake up, it has got that bad. I am using the Dilt now, had some pain free days on Rectogesic, but as soon as I stopped I was in total pain again. My problem was major constipation. God wish I could turn back the clock, if I had realised this could happen I wouldn't have strained! Plus I had an hemmaroid banded back in Sept, which caused the one AF, I am convinced. Yes I have 2 of the little s****s
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Mar 2013, 15:08

Rachel I know how you feel. I can't remember how many nights I prayed that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I am much better mentally and spiritually but unfortunately my bum is worse. Yes! Lets keep believing for healing.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Mar 2013, 15:09

I used to think all the time about how I wish I could go back 2 yrs ago and prevent all this. But I know it only makes me sad of all the time that I have lost to the pain. Only looking forward now.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist