Post Op Fissurectomy with Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post Op Fissurectomy with Botox

Postby Vanessa87 » 27 Mar 2013, 22:25

Hello all,
Ive only posted on here one other time, but I love to read the advice you all give. Well I'm 5 days post op, had a fissurectomy with botox this past Friday and I must say I was pretty uncomfortable Saturday and Sunday, and my first poop was actually ok but i havent been so lucky since then. I'm eating high in fiber, taking my stool softeners, sitz baths and only using pain meds when needed but it now hurts EVERY time I poop, and it burns A LOT. I'm still so so swollen, no matter how many baths the swelling never seems to go down. It also burns, a lot. My CRS told me to continue using RECTIV but OMG it burns sooo badly to put it on, and wiping is merrily impossible its just so swollen to even touch the area is too painful to bare. Is this normal? If so, is there anything I can do to help with the burning and swelling? My CRS is GREAT but because she is great shes always so so busy, I can never catch her, i usually have to leave a message for her PA and I'll get a call back the next day, but I don't want to call about every issue, i had surgery and I expect Ill be in a certain amount of pain so I don't want to call if this typical, but like how am i supposed to wipe, i cant get past the swelling and if i try i feel like ill pass out from the pain. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks guys Image
Vanessa87

Topics: 2

Re: Post Op Fissurectomy with Botox

Postby Wantmylifeback » 27 Mar 2013, 23:09

Did your CRS perscribe any lidocaine ointment? I just had the same Botox and fissurectomy this past Monday. My dr gave me a 5% lidocaine ointment, it seems to help with minor discomfort... But I haven't had the pain that you have since the procedure. I did have unbelievable pain before though. Also, my CRS said he carterized (sp?) my fissures. Maybe this helped me I'm not sure.
Also, I'm using fiber and stool softeners as well. Tons of water. I just wouldn't think you should be in this much pain after. I'd call until I get answers, I had to.... I wish you luck, as I know how much this sucks the life out of you...
Wantmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby Wantmylifeback » 27 Mar 2013, 23:12

Also, since we're talking poop... Is it softening up at all?? The fiber I first was using made it harder, no matter how much water I drank. I am now using "raw fiber" that I get from the vitamin shoppe. Gluten free, lactose, dairy free. The only fiber supplement that works for me.
Wantmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 28 Mar 2013, 12:15

Vanessa87, sorry to hear you are in so much pain, but you are only 5 days post op, swelling is part of healing, but if this is becoming something that is getting you worry and unable to cope with, make an appointment with your doctor and have her take a look to make sure that the healing is ok.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8