Fissure healed but underlying tissues still effected?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure healed but underlying tissues still effected?

Postby RichLen4 » 28 Mar 2013, 04:42

After being on Nifedipine for 5 months, and still having good days and bad, I went to the CRS yesterday and he gave me a thorough examination and said the fissure is healed. There's no sign of it. So I asked him why am I still having days where I'm sore and that area is irritated, even painful and still get the tight spasms? He said just because the fissure is healed the tissues underneath may still be irritated and those may take longer to heal. He felt Nifedipine had done as much as it could and switched me to Diazepam. I had the fissure for a year and a half along with hemmoroids (which have since been removed). He seemed to feel that area was a place of constant trauma and it's going to take a while to work itself out and heal. Is this process normal and is it always this slow?
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Fissure healed but underlying tissues still effected?

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2013, 10:27

So, when I was battling with my fissures i would constantly check the area with a finger exam in the shower. I would feel all kinds of bumps and grooves and soreness.
But now that I am fissures free for quite a while, the area is smooth and there are no sensitive sore spots.
Yeah it seems to be a slow process of several several weeks of being fissure free before area becomes 100% again.
HTH

Re: Fissure healed but underlying tissues still effected?

Postby marg6043 » 28 Mar 2013, 12:01

RichLen4, nice to know that your fissure has healed, is interesting that many people even with the surgery done still say that they get the irritation and burning of the fissure even when their doctors tell them that is completely healed.
I had mine for 9 months, it was healing nicely for the last 4, but the irritation has been on and of mild but still there.
Now I'm just getting over the stomach flu related to food and is been pretty bad, but holding so far with not blood, so is difficult to tell if I have retear again or not.
4 days with with the runs is enough to test any healing fissure.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8