Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 Apr 2013, 14:47

Ah AJ,
A month is still very early days in respect to your healing....
My CRS told me to give it 2 months and that was unrealistic. Others on this site with very similar ops continued to reassure me it could take up to 4-6 months to feel totally normal again and they were spot on. Don't get me wrong - as the healing takes place, things feel significantly better by the week but it was 6 months before I could confidently say that I was totally twinge free and could feel no discomfort at all from the surgery and my fistula surgery sounds very similar to yours. Others with more complicated fistulas can take a few months more.
Yes, you have to let it heal from the inside out to heal properly, so you are doing all the right things - just be gentle in your cleaning although some bleeding from the exterior wound is normal. Your Uncle actually sounds like he has a great encouraging attitude! After a few weeks, you should be well enough to get out there and start doing gentle exercise and then just build up as you get better and stronger. Also, I was advised not to apply any form of topical cream on the open wound - just keep it all clean and dry. It all seems a bit overwhelming after surgery and you wonder if life will ever be the same again, but it will be honest! You just have to be as patient and positive as you can in the meantime!!....that's the toughest bit in my experience with a fistula and surgery.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Postby Aj-male » 05 Apr 2013, 05:16

You have given me the biggest support thanks a lot. I dont mind the pain, bleeding or discomfort for now and for the next few months, as long as eventually it will benjormal whenever:)
Thanks a lot
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1