Question about hemmorhoids

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Question about hemmorhoids

Postby jr2 » 29 Mar 2013, 23:50

While fissures are all too familiar with me, I'm confused about something that has been going on since last December that may be hemorrhoids, though not sure. Has anyone ever had internal hemorrhoids that were painful with no bleeding and no prolapse? From everything I read, internal hemorrhoids aren't supposed to be painful unless they prolapse, and usually internal ones bleed. I can feel a little swollen area about an inch or so in, which the CRS couldn't feel. Even on anoscopy all he said was he didn't see anything inside that could explain the pain. But I can still feel that little swollen area with my finger.
The pain is achy, slicing and knife-like and at times burns the way nerve pain burns, but is totally different from fissure pain. It can also create a feeling of fullness way up inside, but it's clearly only coming from the left side where I can feel that little swelling.
Just wondering if anyone has ever had something similar and if there is anything that has helped?
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Question about hemmorhoids

Postby Anonymon » 30 Mar 2013, 05:28

I've had just that, as well as external ones that were minor. For me, hydrocortisone suppositories helped. As did not spending any longer on the can than I have to, and the general things you do to help anal fissures. But the hydrocortisone helped the most. They were gone in less than a week in my case.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby jr2 » 30 Mar 2013, 11:04

Thanks! It's nice to know someone else has had this happen too! As if fissures aren't enough, huh?
jr2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Apr 2013, 09:07

Hi Jr2,
I had 3 internal hems diagnosed after my last EUA, 1 of which I don't even realise is there, the other 2 are a little more troublesome. They have never bled, are Grade 1 and have not prolapsed and are exactly as you describe, soft swollen little fleshy bumps just inside the anal canal. On a good day, I can still feel them mildly and feel a little pressure from them. On a bad day, which is when I might have a slightly firmer or larger stool or if I go more than twice in a day, they can itch/burn/ twinge (mildly) feel a bit sore, I feel more pressure and discomfort from them....They are frustrating because I am just aware of their presence but feel they do not warrant surgery. I'm kind of hoping they will eventually just shrink but they're not going anywhere fast at the moment! I know I aggravate them if I clean too throughly down there too. The best relief I've found is to clean with a warm shower head post BM and then flick the temperature to really cold. It provides great relief and numbs them too...Natural Witch Hazel is mean't to be great, so researching that more, but the suppositories also really help. All these things really assist in relieving them but I'm still working on a more long-term strategy to get rid of them and I'm not sure what else I can do! I figure if I can get through the stress of a fissure, I can deal with these little blighters too, which are nowhere near as bad!!! x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby jr2 » 01 Apr 2013, 09:47

ETO
Thank you for jumping in! I'm looking too for some kind of long-term solution. I've been doing a ton of research on different supplements. I've already been taking vitamin C with bioflavonoids for years to aid with healing for the fissures, which is supposed to be good for healing hemorrhoids, and I've been using a suppository at night which contains cocoa butter, witch hazel, horse chestnut, and stoneroot, which are all supposed to be helpful for hemorrhoids. The suppositories are definitely helpful.
This new pain is just so disheartening because it's like, aren't chronic fissures enough to deal with? More than likely the chronic diarrhea I've suffered with for so many years has finally caught up with me, as I've never had constipation problems.
I've seen a device called Anurex that you put in the freezer that cools to a specific temperature and is supposed to help with the discomfort, and since you mention getting relief from the cold, I might give something like that a try. The tricky thing is that this little swelling is up further than I can get by just cleansing on the outside or applying anything externally, so something like a suppository or this Anurex device that you can insert will potentially work better.
I hope you'll keep me posted on what you find (and I'll do the same).
jr2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Apr 2013, 14:49

Jr2,
Totally agree that it's disheartening. As if fissures aren't enough and I've had an abscess and fistula to contend with too in the last year! I'm hoping this is the "final" straw and if I crack these, I might have a shot at getting a nearly new bottom again! LOL...
I've also taken Vit C and bioflavonoids for years as well as Zinc and now B Complex.
Mine too can't really be cleansed from the outside, so suppositories are always better for me and most days, I wake up and can't feel them until later in the day when I tend to "notice" them much more.
I'm seriously looking into making my own coconut oil suppositories combined with a little Witch Hazel. I don't know a lot about Horse Chestnut and Stoneroot but will certainly look into that too.
I will definately keep you posted! but do try a cold compress or shower head because this has definately proven to be the best relief I've found yet. x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again