For the ladies - vicious cycle

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: For the ladies - vicious cycle

Postby sufferer » 22 Apr 2013, 09:12

Muzgut22 - Can so totally relate to what you are going thru! Interesting how our esteem and mood go up with a few pain free days and we fool ourselves to believe it is healing and there comes a nasty BM and things are back to where they were. I agree with Delasama. I was paying extra attention to diet and medication but not much to exercise, especially during close to period. I'm doing that now, am much more regular in working out. Will see if this helps with the vicious cycle!
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby muzgut22 » 27 Apr 2013, 11:41

the hardest thing for me has been the stress and anxiety, more than the physical pain. Now that I am aware of the trend in this vicious cycle I am going to be extra careful during those days (adding a higher dose of miralax and eating even more fruits and veggies). We can do it ladies!
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 29 Apr 2013, 13:42

You can definitely heal without surgery I think. I have been pain free for over a month now and haven't had any blood in a few weeks. I do feel increased pain before and during my period, but I think that is due to the increased sensitivity and water retention. Miralax definitely helps.
I also drink a bit more low-caffeinated teas such as green tea or oolong, and find that helps a bit (and drink extra water). Lots of fruits and veggies are key though. Also key is avoiding salt and dairy and getting regular moderate exercise. My periods are really heavy so I usually don't do much intense exercise, but I take walks and I think that helps.
I've also found that valerian root supplements/tea help with the cramps and help my body relax from all the crazy things going on inside. I swear it works, and no side effects. I've found that taking any ibuprofen makes me feel kind of worse and leads to harder BMs, so I'm not taking any pain killers anymore.
Though again the most important for me in healing (and staying blood-free so far) has been completely changing my diet to be only fissure-friendly foods like sweet potatoes, brown rice, cooked spinach, plant-based oils, fruits and other soft veggies, and eliminating salty things, sweets -- basically anything that doesn't have ample fiber and nutrients or might cause constipation. I know it's hard to not eat cookies or ice cream or anything like that, but it's well worth the benefits of finally healing...
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Lincoln » 30 Dec 2015, 20:04

I'm 8 months post lis but have continual flare ups around the time of my period. I'm
In a bad flare now and very scared I've retorn I hope not!!!!!! Help!
Lincoln
Salt Bather

Topics: 1