scheriproct suppositories and impaction?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

scheriproct suppositories and impaction?

Postby fedupkitty » 16 Apr 2013, 11:56

Hi all I have introduced myself on the introduce board and now i am wanting to ask has anybody used the above suppositories?? i have been given them to try and reduce the pain so i can go as if i dont go by tomoorrow morning i am being sent to hospital..im terrrified as i can only guess it will be for an enema or manual removal of the stool which is stuck and has been for several days but there is just no way on this planet they could do this while.im.awake?! as i cant get my stool out because of the pain i end up screaming crying biting myself everything its leaving me totally disillusioned i just feel like id rather die right now :( anybody any experience either these suppositories or of having stools removed and the procedure
fedupkitty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: scheriproct suppositories and impaction?

Postby jr2 » 16 Apr 2013, 21:40

Have you tried any laxatives or enemas at home? As painful as it is, things are going to be so much worse the longer your stool stays in your colon getting dried out.
I've never tried the suppositories you mention, but they sound like hydrocortisone which might or might not give you much in the way of pain relief.
I've also never had manual removal of stools before, but I think you want to avoid that if at all possible. It will likely deepen the fissure you've got. Getting stools soft through a combination of diet and (for most people) stool softeners like Miralax and/or Colace...or Milk of Magnesia, is essential in fissure healing.
I'm so sorry you're in such a rough place with this right now. We all understand the desperation and the pain. I hope you have better, gentler days to come.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby delasama » 16 Apr 2013, 22:31

Omg that's horrible! I stopped using those after two days because they made my fissure bleed more. Sorry you have to go hospital... I'm sure the doctors will get you on the right path. Make sure to write down lots of questions to ask. It will take time , but you will be healed eventually.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby richibeno » 17 Apr 2013, 10:51

Hi fed up the schreproct is mainly used for hemms and sore behinds 'movicol is a great stool softner hope you get moving again
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28