Anal Sex Question?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Sex Question?!

Postby NAKHTI » 19 Apr 2013, 21:24

Hello everybody.... It's been quite a while since I have been on here, and I hope everyone is doing better!!! :) I just wanted to go ahead and ask this particular question?! After 5 years of dealing with my anal fissures (just recently discovered I have 2 of them), and numerous attempts (including 2 surgeries) to get rid of them!! Can I just go on a head and start having anal sex again???! I am a 28 year old gay man, and this has REALLY hendered my sex life for the past 5 years (for obvious reasons), and I am sooo sick and tired of putting my life on hold for a problem that seems to have no end in site! My Anal fissures do not cause me pain when I use the bathroom (Thank Goddd), just a slight burning sensation when they open uP! The main problem I have with them is bleeding, which isn't as bad or no where near as bad as it use to be... So my question remains, can I start engaging in anal sex once again already if I take the proper precautions???! :)
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Anal Sex Question?!

Postby marg6043 » 19 Apr 2013, 21:53

NAKHTI, sorry that you have been having problems for 5 years and with surgeries done.
Retears can happen even after surgery and doesn't matter the cause it can happen to anybody.
Now because anal sex is very important for you in your sexual life, I suggest that before you try to engage in sex you should due anal dilation if is possible for you to get the area ready for anything else.
Remember that this just my suggestion, perhaps you doctor can give you a better advise than me.
But in my opinion anal dilation would help in your situation.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby delasama » 20 Apr 2013, 00:03

Here are the options:
1. Stop with the anal sex and other things being put up there until after you are healed.
or
2. Keep doing what you've been doing and be in pain and hurt yourself even more.
Source(s):
Patient: "Doc, I hit my finger with a hammer and it hurts like hell. What should I do?"
Doctor: "Stop hitting your finger with the hammer."
I agree with marg that you should dilate and bore it out as wide as possible.
Last edited by delasama on 21 Apr 2013, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby owmybum » 20 Apr 2013, 01:42

If you feel ready for it, then give it a try!
I agree with marg.... Maybe try some dilation first to stretch a little. I would also use lots of lubrication, and take it really slow.
Sorry to hear you are still having such problems :(
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Savaici » 20 Apr 2013, 10:58

Very good suggestions about anal dilation. A few of us do this and it helps. Don't start with a big one... Start small, with the correct type of dilator (I went through trial and error with this), and work your way up, slowly and gently. You do not want to put back all the good work of healing that you have done. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby buttquestion » 30 Apr 2013, 15:34

Glad I am not the only gay bottom that is extremely bothered by anal fissure! Hiya there.
I have been battling with this condition for about 4 months now but the real treatment (Nitro cream) is only up to 2 months.
I believe my fissure has healed or 90% healed but there is a skin tag. It is a very small tag but when I pull my ass cheek apart in certain direction, I can feel it. When I insert a bigger dildo, I can feel it.
The size of Skin Tag has reduced but it is still there. I don't know if it's going to be there forever... because I can do regular BM just fine but I NEED ANAL SEX.
As a bottom, I can tell you that Anal Dilation is extremely important!!!! You need to rule out spams that cause the fissure. You need to rule out hard-stool as the cause. I just don't know HOW I got it but so far, I have my stool under control and I have been dilating.
I was so happy that I could get size 2 dilator to go in without much pain but I tried something a bit bigger and I think my skin tag is irritated... ugh..
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby saintkilledher » 30 Apr 2013, 22:20

fissures can be caused by sti's and std's,dehydration and antibiotics,yeast infections.pretty sure mine was from antibiotics that caused my dehydration.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Anne37 » 01 May 2013, 06:19

I do not envy you your position. Heck, I'm a straight female and afraid to have vaginal sex right now! Best of luck!
Anne37
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby buttquestion » 01 May 2013, 14:44

saintkilledher wrote:fissures can be caused by sti's and std's,dehydration and antibiotics,yeast infections.pretty sure mine was from antibiotics that caused my dehydration.

Oh boy... that's a lot to eliminate!
I could be dehydrated as I used to drink a lot of coffee and not much water. :( That's one thing I've noticed for the past 3 months that after I quit caffeine, the condition of fissure has improved a lot (but not fast enough!!). Needlessly to say, the only caffeine I drink is Tea. I have not drunk coffee and soda drinks in a long time.. ugh, I really miss coffee.
I don't think it's from STD for me as I never bareback.
Now Yeast Infection.. maybe I put too much stuff up my butt sometimes? lol Is there any "natural way" to kill yeast infection? Maybe it's not a bad idea to add it to my routine.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby buttquestion » 01 May 2013, 14:54

Do you think sitting too much can cause it too?
I sit A LOT in front of computer. I have had back problems before.
When I sit down for a long time, I can feel my skin tag is a bit irritated due to sweat down there.. I don't know how to explain it but it seems when I sit, it causes a lot of "pressure" in that skin tag area. It's almost right on it.
That's why I thought I had internal hem until the doc told me it's fissure.
buttquestion
Salt Bather