Hemmoroid & Fissure Surgery- advice?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hemmoroid & Fissure Surgery- advice?

Postby Juls814 » 27 Apr 2013, 07:42

Hi everyone..
You all have been such a valuable resource for information, I'm here again to ask for more..I'm very new to the forum, and new to the whole fissure experience. I posted a thread about a month ago regarding the Canasa suppositories which were miraculous, although my fissure acted up again, I am not having the severe spasms like before- I thought I was healing, but at my follow up with CRS he said unfortunately I was in the same state. I still love the Canasa- it truly helped with the spasms that kept me out of work. I am getting more "uncomfortable", but I am able to return to work and don't really need pain medication, maybe an Advil or two for the whole day.
However, the way the CRS explained it to me is that I have a very tight anus ( as if I didn't know) and that when I do spasm, obviously the fissure can't heal. I also have hemmoroids which don't really cause me trouble- maybe discomfort from time to time, but not often at all. He wants to remove the largest one..I will admit to being terrified. But my life is consumed by my efforts to make this thing go away. It's all I think about..can I eat this? will this be digested? can I sit that long? what if I need to use the bathroom away from home?? Image ..everyone on this board is so honest about their experience and I am hoping for recovery tips. I scheduled the surgery for May 17. I keep hoping a miracle will occur. I just dont think that mentally I can endure the what -ifs..I am a single mom who needs to work too, so having a problem like this for who know how long is kind of unrealistic..any tips would really be appreciated..thank you Image
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8