Doesn't soaking your bum so much make skin more raw?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Doesn't soaking your bum so much make skin more raw?

Postby buttquestion » 17 May 2013, 09:51

Kreaybutt wrote:Taking baths has DEFINITLY helped me and i don't plan on giving them up, just wanted to hear opinions on it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is anal dilation and how do you do it?

Anal Dilation is just a fancy term.. basically, it means you need to "stretch" your sphincter. Most of us here are naturally "very tight" to the point that normal BM becomes a chore...to the point that we push and strain our sphincter just to get normal BM out. Imagine when we are severely constipated? Yup. That's how most of us suffer from anal spasms and fissures.
Dilate just means to make it wider...easier for BM to come on.
If you are not used to putting anything into your butt, you should start with one finger (middle finger is the best). And once you get used to that feeling, you should try two fingers.
Depending on how bad your fissure is and how painful, you should dilate at least 5mins. Let your sphincter muscle "stretch". It is a muscle and it needs to stretch some or else you'll have the same problem again later if your BM is big and hard.
I have had any anal "spasm" for a long time. I did feel "anal tightness" down there.. like it's very tight and feels like something wants to come back but nothing.
A combination of Anal Dilation (do it every other day, NOT everyday. You don't work out the same muscle everyday usually) + Sea salt water (once in the morning and once at night) yield the BEST results for me right now. I just add bit of sea salt in warm water. Microwave for 25 seconds and it's warm enough. Don't want to burn. Image
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Doesn't soaking your bum so much make skin more raw?

Postby BootyMcOuchersons » 17 May 2013, 11:27

Hi Kreary,
My CRS nurse said its better if it is moist down there and drying it out is not good for healing the LIS incision or fissure. She said not to apply anything at all, although I wish I could put something soothing down there. I'm on my way back into the office, as I have developed what I thought was a scab, which the nurse said she'd never heard of. Great. So, I'm gonna go get checked out to see if I've done something wrong. I've been taking 3-4 Sitz baths daily since my LIS this past Monday.
I'll let u all know how I check out.
BootyMcOuchersons
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2