Fissurectomy & Botox this morning........

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissurectomy & Botox this morning........

Postby jillywilly » 23 May 2013, 10:20

Had my fissurectomy & Botox done under GA this morning feeling ok right now, no real pain at the mo but as crs told me he'd did put local anaesthetic in whilst I was under i'm not surprised I can't feel anything. Just waiting now & praying that this time it'll be successfull as I'd previously pinned all my hope on the LIS I had done 6 months ago which did absolutely nothing to help heal my fissure or ease my pain. Before op my crs told me that in 14 years he's only had 1 patient with a fissure that failed to heal despite all intervention, just hope I'm not number 2!!
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Fissurectomy & Botox this morning........

Postby owmybum » 23 May 2013, 12:27

That happened quick jilly.... The last post I read of yours, you were still waiting!!!!
I hope you heal completely this time, I really do.
Keep us posted and take it easy.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Positive Girl » 23 May 2013, 13:27

Really wishing you lots of HEALING HEALING HEALING it is going to work this time, best of luck and keep us updated. I too may have to resort to the LIS but am nervous about it.
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby galamat » 24 May 2013, 10:25

Hi jillywilly
I hope this time you feel better. Think positive and never doubt that this time it will work. Give some time to your body to heal, and never feel discourage if you still feel some pain or discomfort. One of the things I have learned about AFs, is that the rectal part of the body heals slower than other parts of your body because is a humid place.
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 25 May 2013, 03:38

The doctor is right... should work 100%, no matter what ! Wise decision ! Sending lots of healing vibes to you.

Postby jillywilly » 26 May 2013, 09:43

Thanks guys for the messages of support, it so good to know people out there understand. Quick update its now 3 days since my surgery, hadnt had any real pain to speak of at all as I'd only been resting in bed sleeping off anaesthetic last 2 days, then this morning I had my first post fissurectomy bm, I was dreading it! It was painful but no more so than before the surgery & I didn't have much bleeding, I showered immediately after & made sure I was properly clean & dry, again that was quite painful, then I took the pain killers prescribed by the hospital when I was discharged & just laid down to try & relax. Keeping as still as possible definately helps control the pain. It's is still sore now 6 hours later but not as bad as before surgery so hopefull if I can keep my bm soft & easy then I'll be ok. Not got much of an appetite right now only having homemade vegetable soup & high fibre crackers & a bit of fruit & lots of water & herbal tea. I'm a bit scared about what might happen when I do start to eat more just got to try & keep to sensible diet & hopefully things will continue to improve. No regrets about having the surgery so far........
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 26 May 2013, 11:14

Glad you are finding a manageable regimen! I'm crossing my fingers for you and hope for steady healing. Keep us posted on your experience! :)
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby owmybum » 26 May 2013, 15:44

Yes, fingers crossed for your continued healing.
I may be having the same procedure in a couple of weeks, so I will be following your recovery with interest!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jillywilly » 28 May 2013, 11:47

Worst day so far since fissurectomy, had 2nd post op bm this morning, it was soft & easy to pass but incredibly painful don't know why but I was in agony for hours after, took pain killers & laid on the sofa all day, hurt like he'll every time I moved, I hope it's just a temporary thing cos I felt like I was doing ok up til today. Didn't have much bleeding but did feel really swollen round my anus after bm & this lasted for a couple of hours after. Don't know if this is all part of the body's reaction to the fissurectomy I kind of thought things might get worse before they got better but today has really dragged me down. Fingers crossed things improve soon.
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Postby ravians » 29 May 2013, 01:31

wishing u perfect healing. if u can ask ur crs about pain do ask him. keep posting ur progress.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3