Weight lifting with an anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Weight lifting with an anal fissure

Postby mbs1977 » 01 Jun 2013, 10:27

I beleive I have had an AF for a long time but in the past month it got bad enough to finally go see the Doc. He took one look at me and said yup you have an AF. He prescribed me some HC 2.5% cream and suppositories. Also told me to drink more water, soak in the tub and take some metamucil before bed. Worked well for a while then flared back up. Went back and he prescribed some Nitro cream. Still waiting to see if it helps. My question is I lift weights 3 days a week can this be causing my AF to flare up? Or is it just coincidence? I have been lifting for 6 months. Please any advice would be great. I have a poopy and I am in pain for hours afterward, enough to almost make me cry. BTW I am a 36 year old male if it makes any differnce and other than the AF I am in good health, 5'9" about 205 lbs. Does being slightly overweight make an AF worse? I know I could drop ten pounds or so and it wouldn't hurt me. Please Help!!! I'm in pain!! Image
Last edited by mbs1977 on 01 Jun 2013, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wording was confusing
mbs1977

Topics: 3

Re: Weight lifting with an anal fissure

Postby suzyljank » 01 Jun 2013, 15:56

Hi, I don't know if weight lifting can cause an anal fissure but I could honestly see how it could hinder the healing process. If you're straining your muscle while lifting heavy weights it's kind of like straining to have a bm, and that's not a good thing with an active fissure. Try not lifting for a while and see if it helps. It also might be a good idea to see a doctor if it's not getting any better. Hope your pain goes away soon..... try sitting on a warm heating pad, it helps. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic