Have you guys ever heard of Fiber Gourmet?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Have you guys ever heard of Fiber Gourmet?

Postby crimeofpassion » 11 Jun 2013, 10:03

http://www.fibergourmet.com
Have you guys ever heard of/tried Fiber Gourmet? They sell foods like macaroni and cheese, pasta, noodles, and crackers with fiber added. For example, their macaroni and cheese has 18g of fiber per serving. I believe everything is also Kosher certified and has reduced calories. It says on their website they were featured on the Dr. Oz show.
The problem is, I contacted the company to ask what KIND of fiber was in the macaroni, for example, and they responded, “The fiber in our products is insoluble.” That was disappointing to me, because it seems like while people need both types, soluble fiber is preferred (especially if you have a fissure) because it helps soften stool and relieve both constipation AND diarrhea. Whereas it sounds like insoluble fiber just makes you go to the bathroom more, and that’s not always what you want.
What do you guys think? Does anyone know of other similar products with fiber added (besides the Fiber 1 brand)? It’s just…I could vomit from all the oatmeal and oat cereal I’m eating. I’m desperate for variety and something that actually tastes good!
Their website lists the following information on fiber:
“We're able to add all that fiber without ruining the taste and texture. The centerpiece of our technology is a fascinating fiber called "resistant starch".
Resistant starch has a taste and texture similar to standard starch, except that the your enzymes aren’t able to break it down and digest it. This causes resistant starch to show up as a fiber under laboratory analysis, and is why the FDA classifies it as fiber. It’s the best of both worlds: it tastes like starch, but works like fiber. Your body is also able to tolerate resistant starch much better than other fibers. While most cellulose-based fibers produce gas and bloating, resistant starch is much more benign. If whole-grain foods hurt your stomach, you'll be surprised how painless the fiber in FiberGourmet products is.
From a medical point of view, resistant starch is terrific, too. It has all the usual benefits of fiber against cancer, diabetes, and other diseases. And at the levels we use, it can even seriously promote satiety, which helps if you're trying to lose weight.
In summary, the resistant starch in our products:
Has a great taste and texture
Won't hurt your stomach
Has all the health benefits of fiber
Greatly promotes satiety”
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16