I am officially healed

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: I am officially healed

Postby Darkeyes » 30 Aug 2013, 19:59

Glad to hear that you are doing so well Marg! I am impressed that you can sometimes use normal toilet paper again. I am such a fan of wipes now! Thanks for continuing to update us, it is really encouraging for those of us who are in the healing process.
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 31 Aug 2013, 13:43

Wow, that's fantastic! I'm scheduled to see a CRS for the first time in a week after retearing a few days ago. I was starting to think you can never heal from this (and definitely never use toilet paper again). Exercise is key I think. The past week I've been miserable because I've been out of my routine of exercise due to fear of retearing or irritation, and it feels like it's made things worse. I should get off of here and exercise.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Ever the Optimist » 31 Aug 2013, 14:28

Hi Marg!
It's good to see you back here again and I'm so pleased to read you are going from strength to strength!........
I think my own progress is mirroring yours! - still moments now & again of sensations/ irritation too from the Sentinel/ scar tissue area (especially after a larger of more solid BM) but most of the time, it's pretty much life as normal!
I was also forced to use paper whilst on holiday but still prefer to use my faithful shower head!! but I had no issues with this either - other than I think I've got so used to showering clean, that paper just doesn't feel like it cleans properly anymore!!....LOL, I still keep my Vaseline at hand though....
Like you however, whereas I now feel a lot more confidence that this can pass for always, I will never ever change my newly-adopted diet & lifestyle habits!
In some respects, I'm even glad I get those odd reminders from the old fissure area because they just act as a reminder to never neglect yourself again.....
Please pop back again at some point to update further. Would love to hear from you again!
All the very best to you :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again