I am officially healed

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I am officially healed

Postby marg6043 » 11 Jun 2013, 13:42

I am healed, the news came yesterday June the 10 after my CRS appointment, he did an internal check for the first time since my fissure started last year and finally gave the great news, I am healed.
Because scar tissue is new I should expect some mild irritation but thats it.
My routine was as follow,
Because I was suffering from chronic diarrhea after my gallbladder surgery I took prescribed medication to control that.
I was also given nitro cream for the surgery in the first few months but had to stop do to side effects.
I was advised by my doctor in the first months of the fissure to take two spoonful s of mineral oil to ease the irritation caused by the watery stools.
I have to give up caffeine and milk products as they make my stomach worse.
Sitz baths two time a day in the early months of the fissure.
It took me at least 4 months for the spams and pain to subside, 6 months to have the fissure under control.
By then I was not longer taking the mineral oil and I tried coconut oil.
To avoid irritations with the BMs I used and still use but now only occasionally, Carlson suppositories two times a day one before bed and one in the mornings after the first BM, now I only used them as needed.
The sitz baths are now also as needed.
My diet is still about the same as constipation has never been my problem.
I have used from olive oil, to coconut oil, baby desitin , Neosporin and Vaseline applied to the fissure area in order to avoid irritation after BMs and the thing that work the best so far was Vaseline and baby desitin that I still use.
I remember ordering some Chinese remedy that gave me the worst irritation on top of the one I had and send my bum on fire.
But those are the trial and error things we do just to get comfortable.
I still used a Q-tip with desitin or vaseline to gently wipe the anal area if I have a bout of lose stools and it works.
I drink plenty of water and exercise everyday, from yoga, to pilates and zumba, also I lift weights to get my mind off the fissure.
About water I am presently doing the water cure and is just taking a pinch of salt after drinking water and dissolve it in the mouth and then drink some more water, at least 6 to 8 glasses a day.
For depression and anxiety during the early months of the fissure I took herbal remedies, from chamomile tea to other calming teas, and Newton stress remedies and that worked for me.
If I remember anything else I did during the time my fissure was at its worst will post again.
Last edited by marg6043 on 11 Jun 2013, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: I am officially healed

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Jun 2013, 14:50

Thanks Marge for posting this :)
May you remain fissure-free ever after and it really is fantastic news to read of your confirmed healing today. Yet another story to instill hope and inspire so many others that these things are curable and you get there!
I'm not sure if, and whether that area ever completely develops the resiliance it used to have due to that scar tissue but I know that as time progresses, I feel less and less, and things feel more and more like they used to be!
Eliminating both constipation and straining has reduced my internal hems to the extent I rarely feel them and I feel nothing from the fissure anymore - The only thing I ocassionally feel now is a slight tingle now & again (from the scar tissue when it is pulled a little) but that is nothing really........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 11 Jun 2013, 15:23

Oh, my, that is so interesting as I feel a bit of pull sometimes, and once in a while I get like a twitch, that is what I call it, from the side that the fissure was, but the doctor actually push on the side and I didn't feel anything, I remember when just a manipulation of the skin tag will send me crying.
I again asked the doctor to tell me if its anything he could do for my ugly skin tag, but once a gain he said that "messing around with the skin tag will bring a whole bunch of problems", so I guess I will keep the tag.
This board is amazing, you have not idea how many times I came here because the anxiety and depression from the fissure will keep me awake at night, I did this before signing in to be a member, many,many times, encouragement of the  successc stories always gave me hope.
Thank you so much.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 23 Jul 2013, 09:03

Well is been a full month one week since diagnosed with a healed fissure, I have to say that things are nice, no normal like the way it was before my fissure and I don't think it will ever be like that, but I have forgotten that I had a fissure many times already.
I now use toilet paper, no all the time, but when it feels that I will be ok, no more sitz baths, other times I still depend on web wipes when my stools are too lose and I still lubricate with baby desitin just in case.
I still experience a mild soreness in the area of the skin tag and it bothered me a week ago for many days but I could not find a reason why.
I wish I could get rid of the skin tag but I guess I am stuck with it.
Beside that I am doing fine and I am back to my normal life.
BTW after the bleeding a few days after my diagnosis of been healed I have not bleed again no even a small dot, that is a good thing.:D[/b][/b]
Last edited by marg6043 on 24 Jul 2013, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Ever the Optimist » 24 Jul 2013, 01:16

Marg,
It's great that you've come back to update and it all sounds very familiar to my situation too, so guess we are on the right track!
I too have soreness/ slight twinging in that skin tag/ scar tissue area now & again but nothing major and interestingly it is always worse if my BM has been forced in anyway or with runny stools. It really does go to show how sensible toilet habits make a HUGE difference down there!
Like you though there are moments and I'm scratching my head! Soreness - a twinge - but WHY??? No apparant reason for it all.......At times like these, I just reassure myself that the scar tissue is gaining in strength and it's even more healing! - LOL, whether that's technically true or not, I've no idea, but it doesn't hurt to continue to think positively!! ..........
It's truly great to read that you are continuing to do so well & although I miss you on this site, I can understand the need to stay away and get on with your life too !! :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Rachael 1984 » 24 Jul 2013, 05:01

Marg, I am so pleased for you! I remember back when I first joined the forum and you were always there giving great support and advice. So nice to read your journey, and those magic words! HEALED. Good luck in the future and Thankyou for your support!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 24 Jul 2013, 08:43

Ever the Optimist, I still be around, on and off, I had some back to back colds that left me with three rounds of antibiotics and a horrible congestion that I am still trying to figure out what it is, I think my ear tubes are damage from the weeks I spend blowing my nose, I have some test done and waiting for the CT results of my sinuses that is why I stay away for a while Is hard to concentrate on the computer with a headache and fuzzy head.:D 
Thanks for the kind words and for the support this board game me during the hard times of my fissure suffering.
I will never really go away as I know that fissures are unpredictable.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 24 Jul 2013, 08:44

Rachael 1984, thank you for your support that help me so much during the time my fissure was active, I will be around posting as I can never forget the great people in this board.Image 
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 17 Aug 2013, 22:03

Well now is been two months since my healing and I have to post on my progress.
The mild irritation is almost gone, yes I now know is linked to my skin tag if I handle the area too hard.
I am now back to toilet paper but still keep the wipes when the skin tag feels tender.
I am glad to post that I feel normal again.Image 
I can even have a hard stool once in a while with not problem, (I make sure that is not often).
I am starting to feel that my fissure is a thing of the pass, but I try to bring myself to reality and be ready for what can come in the future.
But for now I am enjoying finally a life of normalcy where I can go out and visit the restroom without worry about carrying my "necessities", I still keep an anti bacterial soothing spray just in case.:D 
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby PIA » 30 Aug 2013, 19:31

So happy for you Marg. Thank you so much for your support. Your advice was a lifesaver and you were there for us even when you were going through your own hell.
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4