To wear or not to wear underwear

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

To wear or not to wear underwear

Postby littlebutterfly » 15 Jun 2013, 06:38

OK. May sound silly. I had LIS five weeks ago. I have some additional tears AND the place where he removed the pile, a huge swath of skin above the top portion of the anus, is red and swollen almost like a big blister. That is very painful. I have never worn underwear. I hate it. I was wondering if getting some granny undies and placing an adult overnight protective shield in the underwear might help by providing additional padding and keeping my tush away from seams. I only have been wearing my pajamas but there is still a seam and not a great barrier. Any sitting laying on my back etc is really painful and the whole area is just very irritated. Does not help that I am SUPER bony and thin. 
Any thoughts on this matter? I was going for the idea of creating a cloud under my tush. But is this going to help at all? If not I do not want to wast 55$ on pads and undies.....
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: To wear or not to wear underwear

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2013, 07:42

Please do not wear undies to bed !  However, you may have to splurge on an Eco-friendly cotton bed sheet just for the nights !  
During daytime however undies are a must, because you need to support that mass of flesh from gravitational pull.  The weight of the flesh may hamper the internal healing process and therefore, granny knickers sound great and comfortable.
For nighttime comfort, wear nightgowns for a while, or until you are healed.  You can get cheap "simply basic - women's printed nightgowns for $13 each at Walmart. Buy one size bigger, because the garment tends to shrink a little after one wash.

Postby littlebutterfly » 15 Jun 2013, 18:40

Thank you for your reply and advice. Much appreciated!
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby torninhell » 17 Jun 2013, 01:08

I too sometimes feel like I shouldn't be wearing underwear... I just never stopped wearing them because I feel kind of odd without them. I think I'll start getting used to going to bed without them though.
I think it's a good idea to wear night gowns, this is what I often do. I'm fortunate to work at home, so dealing with my AF is kind of easier. I always wear night gowns, day or night, because it feels good without all the rubbing down there. I'd suggest you do as mabs says and get a few nightgowns! :)Or maybe really big shirts too.
I have the same night gowns since I was in high school ages ago, but since I only wear them at home I don't really care. One thing I do though is to go to a thrift shop and buy tons of giant t-shirts, they work well for me though because I am petite and skinny.
Good luck, I hope all goes well for you! :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby owmybum » 17 Jun 2013, 02:59

I always wear undies.... But they are always 100% cotton and not tight fitting. Not quite granny ones though!!
I hate being totally naked in bed... Makes me feel very vulnerable!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !