New Mom (10+ weeks), delivery caused AF.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: New Mom (10+ weeks), delivery caused AF.

Postby Newmomproblems » 17 Jun 2013, 16:16

Thank you both!
I do take a bath right after a BM for however long my son can stay pleased in his bouncer - I usually get 10-15 minutes. Then after dinner I pass him off to my husband for another 15-20 minute soak at night.
As for fissure location, my doctor actually said it's at the six o'clock, closer to my spine. The thought is that the pain medication from a healing delivery tear caused a hard enough stool in the week after delivery that what had been normal postpartum hemorrhoids the first week were then accompanied by a fissure caused by one bad BM. Because of the estrogen levels, the skin is much thinner in the anus and vagina, thus it had more chance to tear from the trauma of delivery + the one bad BM. So yes, based on where my pain is during a BM and when seated, plus where the doctor located it, it's at a 6 based on your description. 
I, too, think I was reacting to the ointment as I skipped it last night and while my morning BM wasn't pleasant, it wasn't as bad as it has been the past few days. I will bring this up as well as the anxiety, though I doubt they'll want me on anything as long as I'm nursing the little one. I have an appointment on Thursday for a follow up so we'll see how it goes... 
And I do take a glass of Metamucil in the morning. I had been taking stool softener in pill form but the doctor told me to stop and switch to Metamucil. My morning breakfast tends to be a glass of that, a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a glass of plain water which tends to trigger my daily BM. My dirt is largely vegetables, fruit, and lean meats if I'm eating meat. I'm definitely doing my best with the diet aspect and the stool shows as much. Just wish the butt would respond accordingly! Image
(If this appears twice it's because I'm on mobile and it's acting wonky.)
Newmomproblems
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Mommyof3 » 17 Jun 2013, 16:33

NewMomproblems,
I know how you feel. I too have a baby and it is very hard to find the time to sit and hang out in the tub!! I was using Nifedipine for around a month when I started to get really really bad itch and I also wanted a toothbrush! Lol! I stopped because of the itching and it also gave me a rash! It has been around a month with no cream and I have no rash and itching! Thank god...I think it was worse than the pain. I do think all the sitting to nurse the baby, hormones and lifting do not help. But that is what has to be done...I just thank god it is me with a problem and not my baby! Helps me :) I also worry about having another baby. Even with hubby saying we are done! Lol!
Mommyof3
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2013, 22:51

I feel so relieved, now that you have cleared all the doubts.  I hope your follow-up visit will do the same for you too.  Wish you all the best !  TC.
Btw, that emoticon at the end of your response fits the line very well.Image