Fissure and hemorrhoids?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure and hemorrhoids?

Postby rawhide » 22 Jun 2013, 12:38

Anyone have a fissure and hemorrhoids? I think I do so what do I do? I had an anal tag removed earlier this year and shortly after that I got hemorrhoids. My fissure was healing but 2 days of missing my miralax messed that up so I am in pain. I use the ointment for the fissure but doesnt that work against the hemorrhoids since it increases blood flow? Should I use something to try to get rid of the hemorrhoids first since it seems so swollen down there? Baaah! Just really dont know what to do.
rawhide
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Fissure and hemorrhoids?

Postby bgd » 22 Jun 2013, 18:52

I seem to answer yes to all such questions lately. Someone asked the other day if anyone had fissure going far inside. Lucky me, good that I don't have a fistula also.
So yes, I have both and it's a bad combination indeed. They stimulate the pain to each other, medications also work against each other.
However, since fissure is such a long shot, you have to treat hems first (only if thrombosed), since resolving a thrombose is much quicker. I just had this a few days ago and it went away with medication, check out my diary.
On the other hand, if the hems are not painful, they should be removed after the fissure has healed, for obvious reasons.
Funny, I also asked for external hem removal, but my CRS advised that it's a bad idea when you have internal hems too. Seems to be your case too. I didn't quite get what he explained, but it was something like you have to remove the internal ones first. Removing the external ones first will cause the internal ones to swell and come out.
So what worked for me was to continue fissure treatment normally and take hem pills. That resolved the hem swelling/thrombose.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: Fissure and hemorrhoids?

Postby momof7 » 22 Jun 2013, 19:31

On June 7th I had LIS for my chronic fissure and a 3 quadrant scalpel hem'ectomy.
It has been a painful recovery, but not any worse than the 10 hour spasms I was having with my fissure.
Your best plan of action should be to seek a colon rectal surgeon.
I'm 16 days post op and feeling like I'm about ready to turn the corner on recovery--for the better. Except I got constipated, so trying 1/2 dose miralax and 1/2 dose Milk of Magnesia. I want to soften whats in there...not cause an explosive reaction expelling hard lumps that could possible tear my rectum.
So far, it has been up and down, but not the total "hell" I was expecting.
Best wishes for your recovery!
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6