Chia seeds....in a jell form.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Chia seeds....in a jell form.

Postby Please go-away! » 24 Jun 2013, 11:10

I have been hearing great things about Chia seeds(not the grounded-up kind)as a naturel and gentler high fiber laxative.
Chia seeds (black or white) for a large batch..use1/3 cup of seeds to 2 cups of cool water..let it sit out , over-nite.  Next morning, the end product will turn into a jellied form.
Eat 2 tablespoonfuls every morning with two(can be mixed with juice, yet has no flavor, I'm told its very pleasant) large glasses of water or more.Can store remaining in fridge, or just make a single dose of 1 tbsp to 3 oz of water and let soak over night.
It works gradually,remember eat the gel, not just the seed,because you don"t want to be plugged up.
Chia contains-Omega 3.
                  -Dietary fiber( higher then flax)
                  -selenium
                  -magnesium
                  -Calcium
                  -iron
                  -potassium
                  -antioxidants
I have a bag of flax seeds, that my Gasro Doctor told me to grind it up, a teaspoon or more a day. in my soup pureed...I just found out that the flax seed (not grounded up) can also be made with water into a jellied form ..to perform as a none-bulking gentler fiber, laxative, working over time.
The chia interests me more because of the higher nutrient contents. Iam going to check with my Gasro about that.
Has any one tried or read up about it..I would love to know how effective it is, what dosage to prevent diarrhea and was it effective for them.
Please post all..Luv all..........Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Re: Chia seeds....in a jell form.

Postby Please go-away! » 26 Jun 2013, 18:58

I have a correction here, regarding the flax seeds....With the flax seeds you ground(grind) them first, I discovered then place a heaping teaspoon full in a small glass (juice glass) half fill with cool water, you can leave it in the fridge or counter over night and it will jell( turn into a jell like form, the next day I added it to my oatmeal.
I find doing this (and I was recommended by a nutritionist)makes it easier on my bowels by taking less water from my colon.Plus it works over time and gentler on the digestive tract.
I'm going to try it with chia seeds because there more dense in nutrients and magnesium.
The flax (jelled) combined with my oatmeal, diced apple, chopped prunes or grapes, cinnamon and a splash of guava or maple syrup, was yummm-ooo, and an hour later..smooth BM and no pain, even later. Please do try every one...:D
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15