AF and Sex Life

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: AF and Sex Life

Postby momof7 » 28 Jun 2013, 09:07

Yes, LIS and hem'ectomies. At three weeks I'm doing really well. I only have discomfort at the LIS site, and it is nothing compared to the spasms I was having in the beginning. I was a lucky one, I never had the "pooping glass or razor blades" sensations. Though, as one lady put it here on the board, the first bm after surgery (or at least after the local anesthetic wear off) feels like giving birth to a pineapple.
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby smiles » 28 Jun 2013, 18:37

Oh god, that does not sound pleasant! Congrats on your successful surgery! You must be so happy :)
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Katietrombone » 30 Jun 2013, 13:36

So glad to see this question addressed! I had an AF three years ago. For three years, I had some mild flare-ups, but did recognize sex could aggravate it. About a month ago, BIG flare-up. I see my doctor tomorrow. I've been feeling better for about a week. Not healed, but better. Tried resuming sexual relations with my husband. Ouch!!!! The close proximity, the tightening of muscles in the pelvic area, and now the day-long pressure of needing to poo but the whole area is too swollen & sensitive. Spent much of the day in tears. Poor hubby feels awful even though it was something i wished for also. I don't want to spend the rest of my life celibate!!!!!
Katietrombone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Ever the Optimist » 30 Jun 2013, 14:33

Hi,
I avoided sex at all costs whilst the fissure was really painful. Fortunately I have a very understanding partner who never put pressure on me at these times. We resumed activities after & when the pain had all decreased.
Best positioning for me was on top where I felt I could control all my moves and this took any pressure off my bottom too. Of course, there are many other ways of gaining full pleasure, (without being too graphic!), and we used these methods as alternatives too.
I too was lucky in that an orgasm did not create any reaction to the anal spasms and found it an important part of my recovery process, as it made me feel I could still feel normal in my love life and gave me some of the best and deepest sleeps afterwards!........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby smiles » 30 Jun 2013, 18:04

Katie, I'm sorry to hear about that :( You won't be celibate!!! No way!! Have you tried applying Manuka honey to your fissure? This has been the only thing that has given me relief. You should try it :)
Optimist, that was what I was thinking..that sex might help the healing process (of course, only if it is pleasurable..if you are in too much pain, I think this would just make things worse).
Sex should be the one thing that is NOT affected by these damn things -_- How cruel!
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11