Sex after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Sex after LIS

Postby Hopeful0161 » 08 Jul 2017, 10:21

Please help! I had LIS, a fissurectomy, and hemmorhoids removed exactly 4 weeks ago. I resumed sex with my bf after 3 weeks. My recovery had been going great. I could sit comfortably and I felt like my fissure was healing. Then, last weekend, my bf and I had sex like 3 times in 2 days and I guess I'll just say it wasn't gentle. BUT normal sex, not anal. The next day, I felt like the whole fissure problem literally started all over again. The fissure site hurt. The incision site hurt. I couldn't sit down comfortably again. I was having mini spasms at the fissure. Not full blown spasms but it just had the same feeling of a spasm if I sat a certain way. I called my colorectal surgeon and she said that sex can not harm anything but I really don't know what I had done differently except for kind of rowdy sex. Has anyone experienced this?! Please help! I'm so depressed about this setback. Especially since I have a trip planned in a week. :cry:
Hopeful0161
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Sex after LIS

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jul 2017, 11:40

There is no way on this earth that sex doesn't hurt a fissure. When mine was bad sex made it 3 times worse.
After my LIS I made sure I waited six weeks before anything went on down there and then we did it VERY gentle it did still hurt the incision site a bit. By week 12 we were happily back to normal sometimes rowdy sex lol. But think how close those areas are internally if one area is being knocked against it can make the other tender area swollen and more painful. My CRS said to wait at least 4 weeks then start gentle
I'm sure it will get back to normal very quickly
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20