AF and Sex Life

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF and Sex Life

Postby smiles » 26 Jun 2013, 11:24

Hey, I'm a 22 year old female and I just developed an AF and also a small skin tag. I am in a long distance relationship but my boyfriend will be back in 3 months. I am a bit worried about how this new skin, and also the pain from the fissure, will affect our sex life. I'm not talking about anal sex... but I'm assuming some positions might cause pain, or maybe even a re-tear if it's healed by then.
How does your AF affect your sex life? Are some positions painful? Has sex ever re-torn a healed fissure? And for those who have the lovely skin tags, how did you move past the insecurity and continue with your normal sex life?
Maybe I am worrying too much, but any advice, or experiences would be really appreciated!
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: AF and Sex Life

Postby torninhell » 26 Jun 2013, 13:00

I am also in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend but he knows about my problem (how could he not, he could see that I was in agony every singly day!)... He also knows that I got the skin tag there. There's not much you can do about it except accept it, and if your boyfriend loves you then he shouldn't worry too much about it--and neither should you!
I have always been self conscious about my skin tags but my bf never really mentioned them and he doesn't really care whenever I do bring it up. I guess you could say I'm lucky.
I'm sorry but I can't answer your sex life question--the pain I've been in has basically put a halt to all of that... my pain levels were too high and seriously the thought of the spasming during an orgasm used to scare the life out of me. I hope someone else can answer the Q for you. :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby puzzledbutt » 26 Jun 2013, 13:08

sorry i cant help u either i havent had sex since november, first because of the pain and now terrified of a retear. sorry. :-(
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby galamat » 26 Jun 2013, 14:35

Hi Smiles,
If you go for it, first begin with something relaxing, could be a massage, a bath together, something that makes you feel relax, that way it will be easier to have a good moment. And if it makes you feel better also talk with your boyfriend about, that way he will know that he has to be gentle.
Hope you the best!
I haven't stop having sex since I develop a fissure, but really depends on each case and how you feel. Some people will find that is relaxing, some people will find it annoying.
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Kreaybutt » 26 Jun 2013, 15:57

Hey there! After my first af I had sec 2 days after it started healing. It wasent aggravating, it didn't re-tear it or cause problems. Of course everyone is different but try to relax and enjoy your time together :)
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 26 Jun 2013, 22:44

I've wondered about this,too.  Not many people have addressed it.  For weeks I didn't want any physical/sexual contact because the pain was so great.  All-consuming.  Butt spasms went all the way through my pelvic area, so I also didn't want to add 'other' spasms to the equation.   I waited until things were significantly improved (not gone, but not as severe), and now we are taking things slow.  My AF is on the side of the vagina (anterior not posterior), which is somewhat unusual.  It may relate back to a bad tear during childbirth.  I hope your boyfriend will be understanding and keep things relaxed and less vigorous.  I hope others will wiegh in. Thanks for asking the question!!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby smiles » 27 Jun 2013, 15:03

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it :)
I'm sorry to hear about those who are in too much pain to have sex.. I always found sex to be a great pain reliever, so I thought maybe it might be the same for this. But I guess to get to that point you need to be really relaxed, otherwise it will just cause more pain :\
Thank god I have 3 months to heal before sex is even a possibility! I will take everyone's advice.. I like the idea of a massage! I think this will be a perfect way to sneak in some pity massages Image hahahaha
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby momof7 » 27 Jun 2013, 16:35

When I first realized I had a fissure, it was because of the horrible spasms. Even when they would calm down enough for sex, if I had an orgasm (which is really another type of spasm) it would bring the rectal spasms back on. (My whole pelvic floor was in spasm, not just the internal sphincter.)
Later, after using the pain cream I've mentioned before, my spasms went away and hubby could enjoy sex with me again. However, I did find that my fav position (woman above) would cause some light rectal bleeding afterward. I still don't know if it was the fissure or an internal hemmie that produced the bleeding.
But since surgery...Nothing doing. I'm 3 weeks out from surgery, but in another week I *might* be ready. If I'm not still feeling so exhausted. In the meanwhile, hubby has been on the receiving end of some intimate massages. Ahem.:oops:
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby splinterboy1984 » 27 Jun 2013, 18:52

As a guy i haven't stopped doing it even though it hurts @ orgasm, but seriously fissures are triple edge swords, cant eat, cant have sex, and pain. uggg hate these things. @@Momof7....i am impressed your still intrested in sex after seven kids hehe..just kidding naughty naughty:oops:( my wife should learn from you, she lost intrest after baby #1)
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby smiles » 27 Jun 2013, 21:16

Momof7 did you do LIS? How are you feeling??
Splinterboy.. I didn't realize it would hurt for guys too, I guess it's from the spasming during an orgasm?? That really sucks!! :(
smiles
Salt Bather