Soft but large stool??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Soft but large stool??

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2013, 09:10

smiles U ?
This past Monday I had gluten  Could that be what caused it?

Not sure, but you may refer that to your Doc. In the mean time you may want to experiment with this a little by trying gluten a few more times with the enzyme verses going totally glute free and monitor your BM's from these two test.
Hopefully your magnesium or any other meds or supplements are not reacting with the digestive enzyme your taking, making it less effective.
HTH GL

Postby MONI07 » 08 Jul 2013, 20:27

I have had this problem and realised the nurses and dr told me to take Metamucil so I was as well as a stool softener but it was making it soft but the Metamucil was making the stools huge and the pain was terrible and evey couple of weeks I'd bleed again. I have now stopped the fibre and just have a healthy diet and I'm always regular with BM but they are not so large and pass easier:
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Please go-away! » 09 Jul 2013, 09:19

Yes the reason why, is because Metamucil is insoluble fibre only, so it just keeps bulking you up. My Pharmacist calls Insoluble the rough /brush fibre and soluble the smooth/sponge fibre.
Ground flax added to your oatmeal (about a teaspoon) is the way to go, because it contains soluble (acts like a sponge to absorb toxins and collect water in the colon) and insoluble, which acts like a broom/brush to sweep all extra waste/fecal matter out the poop shoot,lol.
That's why placement is very important,Eat your soluble first so the insoluble can then sweep the foods out for a smooth BM and no plugs, works for me, try it
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby smiles » 11 Jul 2013, 13:15

Thanks guys! This makes a lot more sense :)
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Please go-away! » 11 Jul 2013, 19:28

I know I keep stressing this what is called a Placement Diet. that a pharmacist told me about a while back.
Soluble first then insoluble foods after, especially while your fissure is healing,(it prevents the plugs) and you will probably come across it in a lot of my post's.
Believe me it helped me, I hope it helps you :D
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15