Tighter canal, Narrow BM's

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tighter canal, Narrow BM's

Postby splinterboy1984 » 09 Jul 2013, 20:49

Hey guys, anyone else feel like there BM's are more narrower, Even since the fissure my BM are almost the size of my index finger....Why is that??is this a permanent thing?is this anal steneosis? or will it even go back to regular when i heal???
ive had fissures on and off for 3 years now.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Tighter canal, Narrow BM's

Postby jr2 » 09 Jul 2013, 21:00

Hi splinterboy
Mostly the narrower stools are caused both by the muscle hypertonicity as well as the fact that most people are regularly doing something to keep stools soft when they have a fissure. Softer stools will more easily conform to the tension/diameter of the sphincter without stretching it as much as firmer stools will. This is not permanent.
There is also a form of anal stenosis that occurs with the buildup of scarring over time with repeated tearing and healing, tearing and healing. Some people are prone to building up more scar tissue than others. The more scarring that forms the more rigid and narrow the anal canal can become.  Generally speaking, with fissures alone this doesn't become a huge problem unless the fissure itself has built up so much scarring on the edges that it can't heal properly. This is why some surgeons perform a fissurectomy to clean up those wound margins.
Also generally speaking the most severe forms of permanent scarring stenosis occur with surgeries like aggressive hemorrhoidectomy, etc., which is corrected through some form of advancement flap anoplasty.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby blackecho » 09 Jul 2013, 23:31

Hey Buddy.........yeah have the same thing.......I've never been great with my fibre intake but over the last week or so with my increase in water and higher fibre along with a stool softner found the same ...much thinner stool but longer..and a hell of a lot more comfortable to pass......so yes
ps great feedback jr2
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Postby splinterboy1984 » 10 Jul 2013, 06:10

Jr2 thanks as always for the most comprehensive answer. I truly wish you well. God bless.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Postby pinpin » 14 Jul 2013, 12:26

Yes, this is normal. As I had external hemmie excision I though I got stenosis. How afraid I was! But it occurred that I have spasmed canal due to trauma I got. So I was so concerned, that visited more than one doctor, one of doctor created fissure to me during exam, which I am fighting already for second month. So my stool was very narrow! I was even checking its diameter. Now I know it is spasm, which still didn't calm down.
Spasm contributed to general slow healing process. So it is already 5th month, and If I know I got fissure, I would start using nitro earilier which definatelly provded releaf.
My wound was left open, it is being 5 months and it is only now feels healing, started nitro. Also canal is less spasmed and BM is more thick.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good